• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E.C.F.C. V Fleetwood Town Matchday Thread.

Mid Devon Grecian

I presume Danny Mayor is coming back from injury, as I can't see why he didn't start. Their second half was a transformation, and we had no answer.
Fortunate to escape with a point in the end.
A transformation, there’s a novelty

Mid Devon Grecian

Well now home after the game. Have to say absolutely awful. First half far too slow didn’t put a decent cross into the box to test there defence. Second half totally outplayed and you have to credit there manager for changing things.
I am not a happy clapper and not a Caldwell out shouter but seriously what is going on.
Our management team are so slow to react to anything the opposition do .
I am now getting completely fed up now of waiting for changes to be made after the opposition has changed theres
Seriously the clowns running the team want to ship up or ship out because there ineptitude are costing us now.
Harris was absent today
Personally thought woods had a good game took him off.
Cole ran everywhere took him off.
Front line needed Rankine stayed on the bench.
Caldwell my message to you is
You have a fully fit squad apart from Mitchell
This is all on your head now.
Fail then please go back to Scotland. Being polite
That’s a good rant. I agree with your sentiment.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
They didn’t boo Aimson. Give your own head a wobble you berk.
You might want to give your hearing aid a wobble then. Who were those on The Big Bank very clearly booing then (and being stood in the middle of The Bank it was very, very audible around me) if it wasn't for Aimson coming on? He has become the number one target for the boo boys on The Bank.

Mid Devon Grecian

Ok, back from the boozer so probs a bit over the top. First half, same as usual, f**king frustrating, loads of possession, no end product.

Half time, clever manager v numpty. Mass changes from Adam, annihilated us. And that’s from a no hope team. We’re absolutely f*cked with this clown and his entourage in control.

Happy clappers please make your case, I’m all ears…..

dontpassback

Ok, back from the boozer so probs a bit over the top. First half, same as usual, f**king frustrating, loads of possession, no end product.

Half time, clever manager v numpty. Mass changes from Adam, annihilated us. And that’s from a no hope team. We’re absolutely f*cked with this clown and his entourage in control.

Happy clappers please make your case, I’m all ears…..
I have to say I totally agree,the game was crying out for pace,but rankine was left on the bench,out thought by Charlie Adam,!

Mid Devon Grecian

I have to say I totally agree,the game was crying out for pace,but rankine was left on the bench,out thought by Charlie Adam,!
Yup, rookie manager outwits the genius that is GC.

Where are the happy clappers on here? The silence is deafening. @STURTZ where are you chap?

PeteUSA

Meanwhile back to the match....

Why is it that when I see a player charging towards our goal in a 'one on one', I could put money on the opposition scoring a goal? It's happened a few games ago, it happened in our last match, and it happened v Fleetwood. I know you dont expect a keeper to do a lot under those circs, and a goal is usually a certainty, but theres something about our custodian that rules out ANY possibilty of a save. I know the ball hit him on route yesterday, but I doubt if he knew that much about it. Anybody else wish Sinisalo's commitment of his line was a bit more convincing?

Grecian Max

Was over the Atlantic when this was on, landed and thought I’d check in on our comfortable victory…

Was Sturtz & Co victory lap too soon?

Mid Devon Grecian

Was over the Atlantic when this was on, landed and thought I’d check in on our comfortable victory…

It was awful. Not sure how the happiest of clappers could defend it…. No doubt they’ll have a go though

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

In fairness to Sturz he was pretty critical of yesterday from what I saw

IT IS funny though, for all of the poor performances and results, yesterday feels like the one that has truly hit home about all of the deficiencies Caldwell has and has imposed on the side. First half we where dreadful but led, in our situation we can all cope with this, 2nd half Caldwell and the side was completely outdone tactically. Yesterday imho lays squarely at Caldwell's door. He sat there and didn't change a single thing until they equalised. Then he didn't change the approach. The second a game starts going against us, we know we are done for there is no inspiration from the Bench in terms of changing a game back in our favour. It's so frustrating to listen to, let alone watch. Every match, rinse, repeat and expect something different. Even winning is a largely depressing performance but luck went our way rather than wonderful laid out tactics and playing to our strengths. It's like we purposely set up to expose all of our weaknesses and hope we win.

You can do a difficult job badly, unfortunately Caldwell is doing a difficult job appallingly.