• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E.C.F.C. V Fleetwood Town Matchday Thread.

JGrecian23

I believe that was Reece Cole’s 10th booking. Not sure if that means anything?
It means he actually gets stuck in!

I think I read we have passed the stage where the ban applies now. Could be wrong though.

wiveygrecian

It means he actually gets stuck in!

I think I read we have passed the stage where the ban applies now. Could be wrong though.
No its a 2 match ban , misses the games against Peterborough and Bolton

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I presume Danny Mayor is coming back from injury, as I can't see why he didn't start. Their second half was a transformation, and we had no answer.
Fortunate to escape with a point in the end.
hope they play like they did second half away to Vale next Tuesday

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not good news really need him for both of those games

JGrecian23

Ffs thought that expired. I suppose they are 2 games we would likely lose anyway so better to miss those than the 2 after.

Ffs thought that expired. I suppose they are 2 games we would likely lose anyway so better to miss those than the 2 after.
Great, without him chances of scoring are virtually zero

JGrecian23

Great, without him chances of scoring are virtually zero
Nothing changes then!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think I've ever felt this low at what has happened at our club ..................

1.This was a 6 point relegation battle IMHO which we should have taken away from Fleetwood first half but, as usual, we go one up and start passing side to side to please the manager as that is what we apparently learn on the training pitch
2.Fleetwood make 4 tactical changes at half time and go gun ho - our tactically non-astute manager (ably assisted by Parksy wearing out the steps in the Doble trying to get a drone view of game (Why not borrow Social Media's?)) takes 20 mins to suss out why game is being taking away from us, decides to put of 2 defenders before they equalise then still brings them on when it's 1:1 when we need to attack more and go one on one with Mayor. 2nd game in a row where his substitutions have ended any hope of the much needed win.
3. Needless yellow cards (again)
4. lack of faith using our x academy players in their best positions - Hartridge, Kite not in squad plus Chieck sacrificed.

1 to 4 are bad enough but I hate that GC get's players to feign injuries to slow the game down - I have NEVER seen a Grecian team do this on such a regular basis and NEVER want to see that again.

Guess we will get the same crap until GC goes but, as Taggy says, "We can't afford it".
Trouble is we can't afford GC full stop - he is now ruining our academy pathways which is our major income stream.
Doesn't anyone at the club realise the true value of growing your own - the way GC is going is that we buy in youth with massive overheads which is never going to be sustainable to a fan owned club.

lamrobhero

Highlight of the game: Vinnie alone in the centre half position under a high ball making a great header back. I do enjoy watching him play.
I don't see the point of a midfield maestro if you do not play in a way that allows him to express himself
With Cheick I am more comfortable if he is alongside someone with speed and mobility.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another snoozefest. You could see that goal coming long before they scored it. I'm just glad I'll be picking and choosing my games next season.