• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E.C.F.C. V Fleetwood Town Matchday Thread.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
How is Rankine not coming on when we’re drawing 1-1 with the 2nd worse team in the league at home.

It’s genuinely unbelievable that at 1-1 with 15 to go in a home game that we bring on 2 defensive players, its negativity of the highest order
Rankine's been pretty useless the last couple of run outs. Fitness issues or just form? No idea

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Diabate is a good league2 centre half which is where he will be next season.
You won’t be saying that when he isnt here next season.

grecIAN Harris

You're wrong. We don't need 3 'ball centre backs' we're in L1 ffs, we have Sweeney and Jules either side who are capable, if you want another ball playing defender switch Sweeney for Aimson, not arguably our best ACTUAL defender. Who gives a stuff if hes passing back or to the side, not his job to distribute forward all the time in the middle of a 3.
I've said that myself before, if you want old skool, head it, tackle it, kick it, get shot of it with an aimless lump down the pitch then there is absolutely nothing wrong with Chieck. That has never been the issue. Like it or loathe it, Caldwell want's to play from the back and Chieck is our least technically able defender on the ball and is stunting any chance of us even beginning to play that way. Go back to the Derby game and, as I said afterwards, you saw all of what I've just said. Defensively he had Collins in his back pocket but on the ball.............. He has to improve the possession side of his game. I'm not on about pinging 50/60 yard passes on a sixpence but at least have the ability to receive a pass and know what his options are before the ball gets to him. Do you really think I'm asking to much of a professional footballer to do that? :unsure:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reece Cole was off the pace today. Shame as he's been playing well but we're getting dependent on what he provides.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of Vales games in hand is home to Fleetwood while Cheltenham’s is away to Wycombe both next Tuesday night

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've said that myself before, if you want old skool, head it, tackle it, kick it, get shot of it with an aimless lump down the pitch then there is absolutely nothing wrong with Chieck. That has never been the issue. Like it or loathe it, Caldwell want's to play from the back and Chieck is our least technically able defender on the ball and is stunting any chance of us even beginning to play that way. Go back to the Derby game and, as I said afterwards, you saw all of what I've just said. Defensively he had Collins in his back pocket but on the ball.............. He has to improve the possession side of his game. I'm not on about pinging 50/60 yard passes on a sixpence but at least have the ability to receive a pass and know what his options are before the ball gets to him. Do you really think I'm asking to much of a professional footballer to do that? :unsure:
So now that all our problems stem from centre half, rather than centre forward, can you explain why we were absolute garbage before Cheick returned and then had a couple of months of doing alright once he appeared?

Trampus

And if this were ECFC you wouldn’t bet a point on either.

Trampus

One of Vales games in hand is home to Fleetwood while Cheltenham’s is away to Wycombe both next Tuesday night
And if this were ECFC you wouldn’t bet a point on either, bet they’ll both get three.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Says the player responsible, in the main, for Fleetwood's equaliser.

C j phill

I think the reality is that most of our players aren't upper league 1 quality and the results through the course of the season will bear this out at the season end.

The players simply can't deliver the football tactic that the manager seeks but he appears not pragmatic enough to try and apply tactics that suit the players collective skill set.

Unless we have a thorough clear out during the summer and recruit players who can pass at one touch pace, with pace up front and at the back, we face next season with the same turgid approach that we currently see.

I just want to get this season over with, hopefully with league 1 retained, and start again for next season.