• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E.C.F.C. V Fleetwood Town Matchday Thread.

Are you trying to be funny? Chieck'swhole lack of technical ability on the ball is the problem. He is a professional footballer yet he has no idea about what his next pass is because he has to watch the ball on to his foot every time he receives a pass. This stops him from being able to take a quick look up to see what is on for him when he gets the ball. Because he has no picture, by the time he's taken two touches to control the ball the likes of Carroll (who can be his own worst enemy at times), Cole, and Woods today have a man up their arses with their backs to goal and their only option is to pass to another defender instead of receive the ball on the half turn to be able to play forward. I know Aimson is enemy No1 these days, there was some tw@t stood just behind me on The Bank went into a rage of blind, apoplectic hatred when Aimson came on, but as far as trying to play from the back he is a better option than Chieck.
You're wrong. We don't need 3 'ball centre backs' we're in L1 ffs, we have Sweeney and Jules either side who are capable, if you want another ball playing defender switch Sweeney for Aimson, not arguably our best ACTUAL defender. Who gives a stuff if hes passing back or to the side, not his job to distribute forward all the time in the middle of a 3.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've said about bravery on the ball before and the amount of times in the first half when Cole was fining himself in yards of space on the halfway line and it's with Chieck and you just know it's not going but maybe Aimson would have the ability to have seen him and maybe take the chance of playing an early pass is an example of what I'm on about.
Agreed. Caldwell himself has spoken about it before.

Bat Fastard

Not impressed with Harris or Eisa and not sure why Harris seems to start and finish most matches. The team played poorly for most of the second half and why not bring on Rankine? Fleetwood were a bunch of big cloggers so get some trickery and pace on. I'll get flack for this but the crowd were also rubbish, it was far too quiet.
Agree, very overrated. Especially disappointing when a local lad in kite has been booted out the picture…terrible man management from Caldwell I’m afraid

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
At Half-time I was thinking to myself we might be winning but as usual it was pretty turgid. Fleetwood put absolutely no pressure on our back three, Stockley was strolling about. It was so easy.

Second half, four changes, bit of pressure on us. We couldn't cope. Lucky to come away with a point tbh.

Bizarre to continue with the withdrawal of Eisa when they scored. We needed a winner and he takes off our only experienced number 9. Ridiculous.

Has anyone ever seen Niskanen beat the first defender with a cross? Ever? Anyone?
I know he's had his injury issues but he didn't even look a shadow of what he was with us. He made Robbie Turner look mobile and was a sad sight to see given what we know he was with us.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've said about bravery on the ball before and the amount of times in the first half when Cole was fining himself in yards of space on the halfway line and it's with Chieck and you just know it's not going but maybe Aimson would have the ability to have seen him and maybe take the chance of playing an early pass is an example of what I'm on about.
It's all about strikers. People putting forward lots of complex views about the way were set up need to just realise that all is solved with the addition of a striker. Hope the penny soon drops.

Trampus

Gary Boredwell 😴
I know he's had his injury issues but he didn't even look a shadow of what he was with us. He made Robbie Turner look mobile and was a sad sight to see given what we know he was with us.
if you think Stockley is bad compare and contrast with the ECFC forward line, if you can find it.

Trampus

Gary Boredwell 😴
Diabate is a good league 1 centre half who does the basics well i don’t care if he can play a 70 yard diagonal pass thats not his bloody job.

He heads it and clears it and is big enough and quick enough to compete.

Anyone who thinks he’s an issue is in cloud cuckoo land as he’s arguably been our best player this season IMO.

our build up play is slow, predictable our over passing of the ball and playing in areas which don’t hurt the opposition is as obvious as it can be to any team to work out within minutes.

We’ve made Fleetwood look like Man City home and away and their an awful football team.
Diabate is a good league2 centre half which is where he will be next season.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
How is Rankine not coming on when we’re drawing 1-1 with the 2nd worse team in the league at home.

It’s genuinely unbelievable that at 1-1 with 15 to go in a home game that we bring on 2 defensive players, its negativity of the highest order

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
if you think Stockley is bad compare and contrast with the ECFC forward line, if you can find it.
On the way to the game I was listening to 5Live. Mark Chapman and the other gobshites were discussing Arsenal and one of the gobshites claimed Arsenal play a 4-4-2-0 formation, much to the bemusement of the others.

Pretty sure I've been seeing the zero all season.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Diabate is a good league2 centre half which is where he will be next season.
No chance, unless it's to a moneybags club like Wrexham. If he leaves us, it'll be upwards. If we go down, he won't stay.