• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E.C.F.C. V Fleetwood Town Matchday Thread.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rankine played well when he came on

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is going to go to go to the last game of the season and it looks like a return to league 2 mediocracy. Should have been so much better with effective management,
And guess what —— GC will still be in charge and managing us when we play Chesterfield.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I presume Danny Mayor is coming back from injury, as I can't see why he didn't start. Their second half was a transformation, and we had no answer.
Fortunate to escape with a point in the end.

TotnesGrecian

Boring first half but at least we scored. Rather than go for a second we keep the ball for the sake of keeping it but what's new. Wouldn't want a second let's boost the possession stats instead.

2nd half fleetwood make 3 subs and they overrun us all over the pitch. They miss lots of decent chances but don't worry master tactician Gary Caldwell is in charge he'll make a change or tweak the formation to stem the tide....or he'll sit there with his finger up his arse and leave it until it's too late and they actually equalise.

His possession football is dull, uninspiring and absolute dog shit to watch and he has the tactical nous of a dead dog.

Do one
I noticed in the 65th minute, sweeney gesturing to the BB to slow down retrieving the ball for the corner...

Wasting time in the 65th minute at 1-0 up? Why?

Trampus

Another abject performance from the worst City team I have seen for four decades. They won't survive in League 2. I cannot remember an entire season when City looked sh1te at home for the majority of games, but that is how I have viewed nearly all City's home league performances this season. I am surprised the fans still put up with this dross. I know the happy clappers will still be smiling inanely.
Not quite the worst team but a close run thing. The management is nothing short of abysmal, ai wonder what the heck they spend the weeks doing prior to fixtures that are so predictable.

Just back at my hotel. We are really good at passing around in our own half but clueless when we get a sniff at the opposition end. Seem to be unable to get that final pass or get a shot away. I was impressed that 6.5k turned up. 3 home games in Feb. have produced 1 goal & 1 point. Still , Exeters a lovely city and I’m sure the Italian will be nice.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Astoundingly poor management today.

And digging out Wildschutt on the pitch at the end? Shocking behaviour and a very public attempt to deflect some blame.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great battling point on our push for the playoffs.

CraigECFC

Still mindblown as for why we didn’t go for it in the first half. Their manager making 4 changes at half time showed how bad they really were and we didn’t look like we wanted to create anything. Happy to turn back and keep possession when we could have had them on the ropes.

milts

Astoundingly poor management today.

And digging out Wildschutt on the pitch at the end? Shocking behaviour and a very public attempt to deflect some blame.
How Wildshit gets on the bench over Taylor I’ll never know.