• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

duffy man of the match by a mile

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jonah has to be in with a shout with his string of quality saves, although his kicking wasn't the greatest.

Sercs was MOM for me, great all round performance. Duffy and Dunne not far behind either

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sercs for me. That was one of the best displays in a city shirt I have seen for a while. He was everywhere!

Duffy was class as well though.

grecIAN Harris

Sercs was brilliant but Duffy gave a masterclass in leadership and defending today.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sercombe for me, with Dunne chasing around the two of them bossed the midfield whereas the 2 CBs let Colchester get a couple of headers in that should have been scored.

Grecian_Jay

Sercs ran around like a certain Mr Gill today, a very mature performance beyond his years.

Wellyred

Sercs for me. That was one of the best displays in a city shirt I have seen for a while. He was everywhere!

Duffy was class as well though.
i agree with all of that. i cannot believe that was the same sercombe we were all seeing about a month ago. he was an absolute revalation today. lets see more liam!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Sercs ran around like a certain Mr Gill today, a very mature performance beyond his years.
Confused.

When did Gill ever run around ? totally different players , Gill was a sitter who ticked play over with short passes , Sercs is more of a hollywood passer spreading it left and right and shows drive with the ball at his feet.

Grecian_Jay

Confused.

When did Gill ever run around ? totally different players , Gill was a sitter who ticked play over with short passes , Sercs is more of a hollywood passer spreading it left and right and shows drive with the ball at his feet.
Towards the bak end of last season Gill was dunning around all over the shop (Especially Wycombe at home), Sercs did that today and grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck.

wemissmoxey

Duffy, Taylor and Jones for me

Exehausted

It's the fact that in Sercombe, as I see it, we have someone who can play a defence splitting pass with ease. Gill kept things ticking over but he rarely split the defence with a pass, Sercombe did at least four times today. One ball in behind for Tully to run onto in the first half was a delight, and it was so well weighted that Tulls was able to smash it across and it forced their defender to slice it onto his own bar. When you couple that with the fantastic work rate that he has, he could prove to be our record sale, even more than the £500,000 we got for Buster. His confidence must be sky high.