• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Doncaster Rovers v Exeter City Prediction Thread

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
All score predictions suspended until seen teamsheet
Indeed , the correct answer.Sincerely hope Master Tinkerer mode is absent that day.

PeteUSA

Tisdale has to put out his strongest team from the start for this. No more keeping four of the best players on the bench; and pretending he knows how to use players to their strengths. He knows shag all about how to organise an on pitch formation! Reid and Watkins MUST start the game. Let Reid burn himself out for 45 minutes; he'll probably try harder knowing he's getting an early bath!

malcolms

Tisdale has to put out his strongest team from the start for this. No more keeping four of the best players on the bench; and pretending he knows how to use players to their strengths. He knows shag all about how to organise an on pitch formation! Reid and Watkins MUST start the game. Let Reid burn himself out for 45 minutes; he'll probably try harder knowing he's getting an early bath!
Reid is 28 years old, prime years for a athlete from any sport and yet he struggles to play 70 let alone 90 minutes. He is clearly overweight and would almost certainly be a more effective player if he shed a stone. People will say "he's done well..what would we have done without him? " Whilst these are reasonable observations, I ask the question what if?

IndoMike

I think the argument here is if he should start and play as long as he can or if he should come on as a sub.

malcolms

I think the argument here is if he should start and play as long as he can or if he should come on as a sub.
Could be, but my observation refers to the fact that, as far as I can remember, he hasn't played a full game since he arrived.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Reid is 28 years old, prime years for a athlete from any sport and yet he struggles to play 70 let alone 90 minutes. He is clearly overweight and would almost certainly be a more effective player if he shed a stone. People will say "he's done well..what would we have done without him? " Whilst these are reasonable observations, I ask the question what if?
Is 77kg overweight for a 1.83m (6ft) tall footballer?

malcolms

Your link takes you to an "error" page and I'm not surprised...If you think that Reid is only 12 stone then, as I said previously, Peter Kay should be a catwalk model.....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Could be, but my observation refers to the fact that, as far as I can remember, he hasn't played a full game since he arrived.
Of his 29 starts, he has played the full 90 eight times (so eight more than your "fact"), and played 80+ minutes a further six times, so almost half of his starts have seen him through either to, or pretty much to, the end.

It depends also on the reason for the substitution, which often may be purely tactical - strikers are more likely to be withdrawn especially than defenders (unless the manager is desperately chasing the game).

EDIT: The link, now hopefully working:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.**?player_id=43701

Last edited:

IndoMike

Of his 29 starts, he has played the full 90 eight times (so eight more than your "fact"), and played 80+ minutes a further six times, so almost half of his starts have seen him through either to, or pretty much to, the end.

It depends also on the reason for the substitution, which often may be purely tactical - strikers are more likely to be withdrawn especially than defenders (unless the manager is desperately chasing the game).

EDIT: The link, now hopefully working:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.**?player_id=43701
For Malcs : You've got a bad memory.

malcolms

For Malcs : You've got a bad memory.
Seems so Mike...However, I think the impression that he is clearly f*****d after 60 or 70 minutes rather than tactically switched, is still one I plant to stick to... :)