• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Doncaster Rovers A.F.C. v Exeter City A.F.C. Official Match Day Thread.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

What a day. Fantastic performance from City and the fans on the day.

citizen

Just back,yes it`s Monday. A Great performance by City ,who knows how far we will go ,but its going to be fun.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster

Red Bill

Well deserved for Jake but in all honesty the whole team could have been in there!

andrew p long

Ah,I see that Jake went to right back for the second half as we switched to four at the back. I wondered why he appeared in that position a lot in the GP 10 minute highlights.

Note to anyone we try to sign from Reading; it doesn't matter where you currently play - centre half, midfield or up front- at some stage you'll be asked to play right back ... like Sweeney,Stacey,Taylor...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The EFL choose JMT's goal as their L2 goal of the weekend.
https://twitter.com/SkyBetLeagueTwo/status/859053481625300996/video/1

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the cold light of dawn I find myself thinking that Saturday ranks up there with one of the best days out ever as a City fan.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
We have had some great away wins this season, Pompey, Mansfield and at the time Grimsby were all excellent wins. In previous years I have seen us play a side going for promotion or the title with a large crowd roaring them on and usually that side has fairly comfortably got what they needed so would agree it was an excellent win. I would have taken a point at 3pm. Here's hoping we can perform in a similar way in the play off first leg.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ah,I see that Jake went to right back for the second half as we switched to four at the back. I wondered why he appeared in that position a lot in the GP 10 minute highlights.

Note to anyone we try to sign from Reading; it doesn't matter where you currently play - centre half, midfield or up front- at some stage you'll be asked to play right back ... like Sweeney,Stacey,Taylor...
it could strongly be argued the ability of our current team/players to change formations mid game has turned around our not so long ago dip in form and pushed us into the play offs.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
it could strongly be argued the ability of our current team/players to change formations mid game has turned around our not so long ago dip in form and pushed us into the play offs.
I think it depends on the group of players and the individuals. Footballers are no different from any other profession, some will perform any role they are asked to do and often revel in the variety and challenge of a different task. Other need to have one specific job (position) which they are good at and don't like being asked to do a different one. We seem to have many of the former this season, to our good fortune.