• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Donate a shirt.

Andy Holloway

I see the offer closes on 10th October

Any decision as to what age range and which shirt we are as a group collecting for ?
Can I suggest adult either Med or Lge would be suitable, not quite sure of sizes of whatever team we donate too, but those two should cover most groups one way or 'tother.
If you let the shop know it's a donation short then they put it to one side, thereby saving on postage!
Thank- you and much appreciated.

Fareham Grecian

Not having the chance to see City very often any more due to living in Edinburgh (and therefore not a season ticket holder), I think this initiative is fantastic. I think around 1000 season tickets were sold of which 700 have opted in to getting a shirt.

Great stuff and just another indication of how truly special our club is.

Andy Holloway

As above, In my reply to Mr Positive Spin, and a quick reminder to anybody else on Exeweb who, like me is not really a 'shirt wearer', should you wish to take up the club's offer still and would like to donate your shirt to a worthy cause, then please let the shop know when you submit your order.
We are aiming to initially collect 15 shirts, which should be sufficient for a team plus subs,.
My initial idea of a recipient team for our shirts is possibly one of the Refugee teams that play in Exeter, which exact one we'll consult with CCT (formally FitC) for a suitable nomination.

This is purely a personal choice as to if you donate or not and not designed to split supporters whatsoever.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Shirt ordered and should be passed on to you Andy.

Andy Holloway

Can i ask anyone who has donated their shirt to make contact with Sara/Mike at The ECFC Shop.
If i have already contacted you or you have already spoken to Sara/Mike at The Shop then many thanks, we have you details and are close to being able to put this scheme into practice.
We have also been offered a very generous donation to make up any short fall in shirt donations, plus a Goalie's shirt.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nice mention of the site by the Club

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
@Andy Holloway they've sent the shirt to me, despite asking it to be passed to you. Is the best thing to return it to club and marked for your attention?

Andy_H

@Andy Holloway they've sent the shirt to me, despite asking it to be passed to you. Is the best thing to return it to club and marked for your attention?
Yes if you send it back to the Shop and mark it for me.

Sorry about the mix up, that's a pint i owe you for the extra postage - some day!

Andy_H

With local community teams back playing again after what seems like an eternity, this scheme is back on track again and we'd like to make the donation asap.
We've chosen Exeter Utd as the recipients and are looking to supply 16 shirts plus a goalie shirt.
However there is a bit of a problem in that we can't find the list of those who donated their shirts. Since this was first started there has been a change in the shop manager, the shop has been remodeled and stock has been revamped, oh and we've a new sponsor.
The shirts that were 'put to one side' seem to be so 'aside' that they cannot now be found, but however fear not as we have a 'cunning plan' and that is to, hopefully, acquire as many of the old Flybe shirts as possible. The shop still has some on their books and we're asking ECFC if we can purchase them for this scheme.
So fellow Grecians, if you did donate your shirt then please pm me with your name and i can then 'claim' the shirt from the shop. I have some names already and have emailed those persons, so they don't need to pm me, thanks for your support.
If anybody else would like to donate one of the Flybe home shirts then please leave it in the club shop marked for my attention.

We'd like to make the donation at either the Walsall or Newport home games if possible.