• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Do You Want a Play Off Space ? Yay or Nay ?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
My vote is Yay, I would prefer to make the POs, although I don't think we will as the squad is knackered and MT is trying to put a brave face on it. The amount of football played may also explain why some other clubs around the PO zone are keeping us in the hunt even whilst we are losing most of our games.

Assuming we are in L2 next year, there is also a more than likely chance that we will be joined by Torquay so our own limited ability to attract players to Devon will then be further limited by competition from down the road. This is why I can't understand why some City fans want Torquay to go up.
Can‘t imagine us being able to compete financially with Torquay should it happen.

Spoonz Red E

Can‘t imagine us being able to compete financially with Torquay should it happen.
Torquay are massively in debt (well over £3million) to their owners.
Their owners are property developers (Riviera Stadium Limited).
There will be payback further down the road.
I imagine some sort of 'support our plans or the Club goes to the wall' scenario.

Reactions: Egg

Red Devon

Torquay are massively in debt (well over £3million) to their owners.
Their owners are property developers (Riviera Stadium Limited).
There will be payback further down the road.
I imagine some sort of 'support our plans or the Club goes to the wall' scenario.
I know all that but I doubt it will stop them out muscling us in the transfer market.

DB9

I know all that but I doubt it will stop them out muscling us in the transfer market.
And this this why we need to get out of this "Little Exeter City" psyche, If we don't change our attitude then we'll never move forward and always remain "Tinpot"

Spoonz Red E

Fair enough.
I have a feeling though that getting back into the League will give their current owners enough 'goodwill' to make their push.
I can't see them shovelling money into the club ad infinitum.

Grecian_Matt

Yay from me.
Why would you not want the play offs?
Unless MT knows exactly who he is going to sign and gets the pitch sorted - But I think the only names on his list are 35YO defenders and 32YO strikers to earn £2k a week each and never play..

fred binneys head

Definite yes from me.

Exehausted

It's a yes from me as well.

grecIAN Harris

So long as we don't lose in the final again. Either win it or get get dumped out of the semi's. I can't stand any more Wembley heartache. It hurts too much.

fred binneys head

So long as we don't lose in the final again. Either win it or get get dumped out of the semi's. I can't stand any more Wembley heartache. It hurts too much.
Grow a pair.