• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Do you have 'another' team?

Erico

First and foremost everyone on here are Exeter City fans, but it would be interesting to see if people on here have another team they follow, or actually support?

In my case, I have supported Celtic all my life, Exeter city came when I moved here, my dad passed it down, and I go to half a dozen games a season usually.

Other than that its just city... Internationally I like to see St. Pauli do well, but other than checking the results every weekend, nothing more.

Would be fun to see who people follow (other than city)...

[G]

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter City are my one and only team I support/follow, Im certainly not one of these that has a "2nd team in the Premiership". I have soft spots for a couple of other teams and always look at their results but I have no allegience to them.

Last edited:

Erico

I agree with you about the whole premiership team thing, but for me Celtic are my team because of 'heritage' and I can still watch them every season... Now I live in Exeter, and I'm a football fan, I go and watch city which has developed into really loving and caring for the club.

Last edited:

finetime

I spent 7 years going to watch Sheffield United on and off. Saw them get screwed out of an FA Cup Final appearance against Arsenal, a promotion and endless epic cup runs. Nothing wrong with having a second team IMO. Gives me even more to moan about!

The atmosphere at Bramall lane can be absolutely fantastic and having always lived on that side of Sheffield it was an obvious choice over Wednesday.

Don't have a team in London although I have been to see Barnet a few times. Bizarre tinpot ground/club but quite charming in its own way :)

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its only OK to have an 'other ' team abroad. No clash of interests until City make it to the Europa League, if even then.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
been to dorchester a couple of times and always look out for their results

Red the Paper

Banned
Only someone lacking in backbone has another team in the UK. Agree with EX4 with having another team abroad. One UK team only. I know there are some tw*ts on this forum who say they support City first and say Man Utd 2nd. Personally, I hold Argyle fans in higher esteem. Why on earth would you support two teams, if only to glory hunt or for another reason probably to make up for the fact that you have no hair, your belly is too big or your d*ck too small.

I can get Chelsea tickets and sometimes go because it is a night out in London, but on no occassion do I cheer for them. I don't give a monkey's whether they win lose or draw.

Red the Paper

Banned
been to dorchester a couple of times and always look out for their results
But you do not think of them on a par to your one love? It is OK to go watch another team, look out for their results but not OK to say I support Exeter City and .............Town/United/Rovers etc

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
But you do not think of them on a par to your one love? It is OK to go watch another team, look out for their results but not OK to say I support Exeter City and .............Town/United/Rovers etc
didnt say i supported them. last time i went to watch them was nearly a year ago, can hardly be a glory hunter either

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there a football team, anywhere in the world, that I'd be happy to see City lose to?

No.

To me it's like declaring you're a staunch supporter of the Union, but also have a soft spot for the Confederates, who are your 'other' army.