• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Do You Feel Better Off?

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
I had to smile to myself on hearing the proposition from Cameron and his government that aside from the top 10% of earners that wages are on the up. As a public sector worker perhaps my situation is different to those in the private sector, but I have to say I`m still in full time austerity mode and with interest rates only going up, I expect to be so for the rest of my working life
Anyone else like me, who`s failing to feel the 'good times around the corner' vibe?

DB9

Totally agree, We do not feel better off or seeing our wages rise in "Real Terms" (Hate that expression) We are being nailed from all sides with ever rising costs, So no we do not feel things are looking up. It the start of the 2015 election when if you say it enough times that things are on the up, People will believe it.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm no better off than a year ago, but am no worse off either.

tavyred

Totally agree, We do not feel better off or seeing our wages rise in "Real Terms" (Hate that expression) We are being nailed from all sides with ever rising costs, So no we do not feel things are looking up. It the start of the 2015 election when if you say it enough times that things are on the up, People will believe it.
....or so the Tories hope, early days I know but it must be worrying for them that they seemed marooned around 30% in the polls.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
will be ok while rates are low but sounds like that may not last long. Have to think about buying out of the last two years of my mortgage to get a cheaper five year before its too late.

This good times are coming whatever the subject is rubbish imo. Would prefer to believe it when it happens, especially if the people saying its going to be better appear less than trustworthy.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Didn't Cameron say a little while ago that austerity is good and he wants it to continue?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am better off than I was two years ago, but that is only because of moving up north and things are a lot cheaper.

tavyred

Didn't Cameron say a little while ago that austerity is good and he wants it to continue?
...spoken like a true millionaire.

Grecian_Jay

I'm better off but that's mainly down to a promotion and two pay-rises (y)

Fuel is the killer for me, don't care about much else from a personal point of view.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm better off but that's mainly down to a promotion and two pay-rises (y)

Fuel is the killer for me, don't care about much else from a personal point of view.
That's what used to kill me, did approx 350 miles a week when I lived down south, now I'm lucky if I do 20 miles a week, is nice not having to go to the petrol station every week or more to fill up.