• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Disgusting Luke Mc Cormick chants.

p6steve

I don't post on here often, in fact I haven't posted for several years, but I was disgusted today by the continual chants directed at Luke Mc Cormick, so disgusted I nearly left at half time. Yes I know this subject comes up every time we play Argyle, and I'm very well aware of what happened and I'm very well aware of what happens at football matches and all that ******** and I hear it every time we play them, but you guys really painted us in a good light today. And before you give me the 'we pay our money so we can sing what we like ****' just think about how you came across to the vast majority of decent human beings there today. I saw parents covering their children's ears, and people leaving during the first half. The guy made his mistake and served a very considerable time in prison for it. You must all feel very big and proud singing murderer for 45 minutes while you're smoking your dope and cigarettes on the big bank, but the vast majority of people in the ground don't want to hear it. I'm so glad I didn't take my five and six year old today. I hope you're all proud of yourselves.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
100% agree hate the "murderer" and "it should of been you" chants....

The blokes made has made a massive mistake and will have to live with it for the rest of his life.

Surely that's enough.

PeteUSA

I don't post on here often, in fact I haven't posted for several years, but I was disgusted today by the continual chants directed at Luke Mc Cormick, so disgusted I nearly left at half time. Yes I know this subject comes up every time we play Argyle, and I'm very well aware of what happened and I'm very well aware of what happens at football matches and all that ******** and I hear it every time we play them, but you guys really painted us in a good light today. And before you give me the 'we pay our money so we can sing what we like ****' just think about how you came across to the vast majority of decent human beings there today. I saw parents covering their children's ears, and people leaving during the first half. The guy made his mistake and served a very considerable time in prison for it. You must all feel very big and proud singing murderer for 45 minutes while you're smoking your dope and cigarettes on the big bank, but the vast majority of people in the ground don't want to hear it. I'm so glad I didn't take my five and six year old today. I hope you're all proud of yourselves.
I agree with everything you've said Steve. And the latest offering of 'murderer' is appalling. He's having to pay for his transgressions for the rest of his life. I wonder how many of the mouthy individuals who partook of this chanting have had a scare when driving over the limit themselves? He was unlucky in as much as his driving cost lives - todays diabolical crowd offerings didnt make any difference to him did it? Not visibly anyway.

Last edited:

Langer

They don't do it in the family stand maybe you would be more suited in there that's where I go on big games.

p6steve

They don't do it in the family stand maybe you would be more suited in there that's where I go on big games.
Agreed, but I think you probably heard it loud and clear in there too. I've tried sitting to watch city, it just ain't the same....plus I'm always behind a bloody pillar!

Banksy

100% agree hate the "murderer" and "it should of been you" chants....

The blokes made has made a massive mistake and will have to live with it for the rest of his life.

Surely that's enough.
Good post Credy.

ecfc70

cant stand them and the amount of time singing that carp in a game or for any matter singing about the gaws in general, when people should be singing about city or a city player is frankly embarrassing.....unfortunately it wont stop tho will it?

i8cornwall

cant stand them and the amount of time singing that carp in a game or for any matter singing about the gaws in general, when people should be singing about city or a city player is frankly embarrassing.....unfortunately it wont stop tho will it?
Of course you start songs and help creat an atmosphere you're self like myself and rest of the RL do?

Agree the Murderer chants etc do go to far at times and to be honest doesn't really help (it causes my hassle then its worth). not saying there right or wrong to be sung but if you're this easily offended id suggest staying away from Old Firm games.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Been over it a million times on here. I think it's disgusting, using that incident in something as trivial as scoring points over a local football rival does a huge disservice to the family of the kids who were tragically killed.

But, as long as McCormick plays for Argyle the chants at him from the Big Bank will never stop. It's sad, but true I'm afraid.

PeteUSA

I dont know what you mean by "Old Firm Games", but dont you think calling a game between City and Argyle that is a bit of a stretch. It works for Glasgow, but I dont think you'll get it off the ground at SJP. Judging by your response in general, I get the impression that you are one of the few that join in with McCormick 'chants,' for want of a better word. Personally, I think McCormick did the crime, paid with the time, and now the matter's closed. His mental health profesional has no doubt advised him on how to interprete such abuse, and channel it in a different way. In any event, it didnt do much cop yesterday did it?