• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Did you know...

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone living in No 92 should be VERY worried - the year they lost to Wrexham in the FA Cup.....

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Every district in Plymouth is named after a cartoon dog. Mutley is probably the best known, but other examples are Ford, Ernesettle and Pluto.

Gozzer

Kelloggs are working towards producing a hard times breakfast cereal for the recession. The working title is Credit Crunch.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Monty Python star Michael Palin died at the end of filming his 'Around the world in 80 days' series. Subsequent series' like Full Circle, Himalaya and Sahara have actually used hi-tech BBC robots known as Palindrones. The word also refers to words which are nearly the same spelt in reverse, for example 'tart' or 'hash'.

Gozzer

Everyone knows that Venice is slowly sinking and will eventually be covered by the sea, but did you know that Dawlish is rising at exactly the same rate and will eventually tower over the rest of Devon. You will need a cable car to get down to the beach.

Gozzer

Rap group NWA named themselves after their favourite airline, North West Airlines, in the same way that Dr Dre named himself after someone in the medical profession.

fred binneys head

Rap group NWA named themselves after their favourite airline, North West Airlines, in the same way that Dr Dre named himself after someone in the medical profession.
I thought NWA stood for No Wipes Allowed? They were hardcore nappy changers.

Dr Dre is so named as he has big nuts.

LOG

The nation's favourite soap, Imperial Leather, is known as Metric Leather outside of the UK.

A standard bar weighs 2 ounces, or approximately 56 grams.

LOG

Sales of second hand jigsaws has hit an all time low at James Morrison Toys & Games Ltd after the owner publically admitted that the pieces don't fit anymore.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The nation's favourite soap, Imperial Leather, is known as Metric Leather outside of the UK.

A standard bar weighs 2 ounces, or approximately 56 grams.
The same legislation applies to Imperial Mints which are known outside of the UK as Metric Mints.

There are also 2 fewer mints in a non-UK packet in order to make a nice, round decimal friendly 20 per pack.