• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Did people moan during the 89/90 season?

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everyone except the squad and Tis.
By 'back room' I meant the entire club structure (CEO down) and not the kit man etc - my mistake.

markyou

Hi guys. A Bristol city fan here(I come in peace). I often check out the footie forums of teams in places I like(Exeter being one of my favorite places) and this thread was of interest, I can't really comment on your back room staff other than the fact I think you have a excellent development coach in Andy Tilson, one of only a few Gas players I really rated. I popped down to bath university a few times and remember being really impressed with his coaching skills whilst there. In him I think you have a relatively young coach with bags of potential. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
thanks markyou! i agree, he seems really switched on. i believe some were touting him for the managers position before we appointed tisdale.

between him, edwards, stewart, tisdale and perryman there is an absolutely incredible wealth of football knowledge. in fact, having just typed that out i feel quite proud of how good that line up sounds!

I suspect people would have been moaning in the 1889 / 1890 season ( if we had had one ).....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I suspect people would have been moaning in the 1889 / 1890 season ( if we had had one ).....
Of course we did. What no ground, no manager and no team all we got from those in suits was that an announcement would be made soon.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
I moaned like f*ck when I spent a weeks holiday following City to first Carlisle; for a Tuesday night game; then down to Cleethorpes for a Saturday encounter with Grimsby; our Opposition outplayed us; and both went above us in the table; and saw just 2 goals; 1 each for the oppo; It was bleddy freezing at both venues; and if we had stayed there until now; the City teams on those 2 dates; would still be struggling to find the ball; let alone the back of the f*ckin net :)

Thames Valley Red

Hereford away 13 coaches went to the game and we lost...............oh how WE moaned. But the rest of the season was great. As for this season I keep thing of Hobson/Stewart!

UTC

TVR

Ariel Manto

These are the most sucessful years in living memory of following CITY
great OP.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
These are the most sucessful years in living memory of following CITY
great OP.
I take it you mean currently i.e Two Wembley appearances, two consequtive promotions etc. In that sense obviously they are the most succesful team in the clubs history thus far. In the extremely unliklely event that we get relegated (covering my ass here) this season, that'll all change.

Just out of interest, I believe that if todays team could play the 89/90 team, the team from 89/90 would win 6-0. Barring Tully, Harley, and Stansfield, on a man for man basis, there's not one modern day player that as good as the 89/90 equivalent.

Last edited:

Thames Valley Red

The 89/90 team were fast, had power (Richard Young) and had some beasts at the back. We also had some quality full backs that could attack with venom. Happy days and at the time they took all comers near the end of the season. You went to the park trying to guess how many goals, you did not worry about losing!

UTC

TVR
Ps. Carlisle would have been a draw bar the glaring miss from two yards, I blamed the snow! As for Grimsby.how cold was that day!