• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

developement updates

greenawayr

AGM in the next couple of months, wouldn't be surprised if that's then next we hear about it.

Bit behind on what was suggested in the press release.

M Earl

I think that you will find that the ground redevelopments, with the exception of the club shop are scheduled for the end of next season 2009 / 10 not this one!
This is the 2009/10 season.

greenawayr

The redevelopments aren't planned till the end of this season, but the plans for the redevelopment and the financing of it were due to be released this summer, I suspect its the second part of this that is causing any delay.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
My friend will be policing a number of the City games next season. He said that during a chat with the ECFC Safety Officer he was told that it was unlikely any developments would be started after the 09/10 season as no plans have even been drawn up or decided on yet.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think there are too many stakeholders to bring on board and keep on board through this process.

APT

Can someone tell me when and why the capacity has been cut to around 8600?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
My friend will be policing a number of the City games next season. He said that during a chat with the ECFC Safety Officer he was told that it was unlikely any developments would be started after the 09/10 season as no plans have even been drawn up or decided on yet.
With respect, lots of these discussions will, of necessity, take place in the first instance in very strict confidence. Without wishing to sound too self-important, even the BoS won't know about some of 'em until it's absolutely imperative that it does so. I may be mistaken but would imagine the club's safety officer is even further down the pecking order.

rogerc

As some posters have said, there are many different balls, plates, hats and whatever else you want to name in the air and a considerable number of different aspects to consider, not to mention the various and varied interests to talk to and negotiate with. Negotiations that require cards to be played very close to chests if we want to position ourselves to our best advantage.
That won't happen if the club publishes its ideas, proposals and the like to all interested parties at every stage.
Be assured that when firm proposals are in place and draft plans are prepared the wide dissemination of details will be done and supporters views will be asked for.
Please give the re-development team a bit of space to continue their work in the best interest of Exeter City Football Club.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
As some posters have said, there are many different balls, plates, hats and whatever else you want to name in the air and a considerable number of different aspects to consider, not to mention the various and varied interests to talk to and negotiate with. Negotiations that require cards to be played very close to chests if we want to position ourselves to our best advantage.
That won't happen if the club publishes its ideas, proposals and the like to all interested parties at every stage.
Be assured that when firm proposals are in place and draft plans are prepared the wide dissemination of details will be done and supporters views will be asked for.
Please give the re-development team a bit of space to continue their work in the best interest of Exeter City Football Club.
Absolutely Roger. It can be very counterproductive to release information at the wrong time.

Unfortunately, there was a communication that exciting news about redevelopment of the ground was going to be released during the summer and, as time is marching on (and judging by today's weather, summer is over :() questions are being asked as to what is going on.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think we understand the need for commercial confidentiality, but there are bits and pieces of information about what is happening out in the wild, that if people took the time could piece quite a bit of the information together. As it is, we are working on conjecture, plus I think people feel that the elected BoS is with-holding information that it could actually release.