• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Derby home - Discussion and Prediction Thread

JGrecian23

Still haven't got my ticket yet. Thinking it will be close to a sell out but not quite.

Can see there being some goals. I'm thinking 2-2, or maybe even a 3-2 win.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The improved facilities throughout the ground especially the new stand also make a difference.
And the fact that the population of Exeter has grown by about 30 % in the last few decades.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
And the fact that the population of Exeter has grown by about 30 % in the last few decades.
That wouldn't explain a divergent mix of people coming only point to part of the reason why the total attendances have grown. My theory is that its a lot to do with the work of the community trust in schools and out in the community as well as football per se being seen as much safer nowadays.

TOP_CITY_FAN

2-6. Derby race into a four goal lead by half time. Sonny and Eisa pull goals back before Derby finish us off with two late goals.
Turn Football Manager off, mate.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't know how to call this one.

We've had some excellent results but we can't be naive enough to think we would have beaten Posh if they didn't self destruct.

If Derby are at their best I think they'll win, however with it being a Tuesday night and our tails are up I'll go for a score draw.

1-1.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
3-0 Eisa hattrick

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watching the away game on Ifollow I think at the time Derby fans were moaning and complaining then as well, so to read that they are still moaning despite being second in the table says something about them and their expectations. In the away match they blew us away but that was then and this is now

Current form (8 matches home and away) sees us standing in 4th spot with 5 wins 1 draw and 2 defeats. Derby currently lie in 7th spot with 4 wins 2 draws and 2 losses, however more pertinent is if this is broken down to home and away form where in the last eight matches Derby are top ranked with 6 wins 1draw and 1 loss, whereas we rank 13th on the the last 8 home matches with 3 wins 3 draws and two defeats. So the form book would suggest a Derby victory or at best a draw.

Whilst our form has increased markedly from pre Christmas we are still not performing to our best for the full 90 minutes and tomorrow night could be an opportunity to show the home supporters what we are capable of with a fully fit squad and put on A Barnsley first half performance for the home fans for the best part of 90 minutes. I prefer playing the top teams at home as they don't generally come to set up with 8 at the back as they have something to go for.

So hoping for a quick start, early goal to settle the nerves, and a resounding 3-0 victory to give the Derby fans really something to moan about (at least they have had higher league football). Eisa to get his second followed by a Cole free kick and a goal from the bench for Sonny near the death after Vil saves a penalty to keep his 11th clean sheet of the season. 6983 in attendance.

I wonder when Millie Vanillie will be fit?

7.5k in attendance at least,surely?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Need some advice for tomorrow please people: I'm looking for a pub in Exeter which has a pool table. I'll be coming in from the M5 and parking up near The Stoke Arms. I know the Stoke used to have a pool table as I used to go there a lot when I was younger, but I've heard it's a bit rough now so probably not one to recommend. I like the Vic but that hasn't got a pool table, has it? Anywhere you'd recommend?