• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Demetri Mitchell signs on for City

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
But what makes you think he's desperate to live around Manchester? His career path so far doesn't suggest he's desperate to stay close to home. Also doesn't come across as that kind of guy. Seems quite happy, but who knows. Are Stockport so rich they're blowing us out of the water for Mitchell? I fancy him to stick about and enjoy Dartmoor with his massive dog.
I'd be up for a few walks on Dartmoor if he'll agree a new deal.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
But what makes you think he's desperate to live around Manchester? His career path so far doesn't suggest he's desperate to stay close to home. Also doesn't come across as that kind of guy. Seems quite happy, but who knows. Are Stockport so rich they're blowing us out of the water for Mitchell? I fancy him to stick about and enjoy Dartmoor with his massive dog.
Just a vibe lads, jeez

"can't see" isn't equal to desperate is it?

Grecian Max

How many of the squad can you imagine loving Dartmoor?
Come on dude, don't be a Haytor

Grecian Max

I mean, he does love Gaz so who knows!

"When you're playing football in League One, that big turnover of players happens quite a lot. You need a good manager who can get the best out of players. He [Caldwell] has definitely done that.

"I think he's got a really good relationship with the players. Some managers can scream and shout too much and that makes you afraid to make a mistake. I scored a goal a few weeks back [against Leyton Orient] where I've probably got no right to take the shot. That's because I'm confident and, for me, that confidence is instilled by the manager.

"I'm a creative person, so I like to play with a bit of freedom in the final third. He's allowed me to express myself, but I've also got that respect for the manager to do anything he asks of me. That might change game to game: it could be running in behind one week and then showing in a No.10 position. Anything he asks me to do, I'll do to the best of my ability because of the faith he's shown in me.

"Tactically, I'd say he's one of the best managers I've worked under. His knowledge of the game...his football I.Q is very, very high."

Grecian Max

I fancy him to stick about and enjoy Dartmoor with his massive dog.
I did forget about his BullyXL tbf 😅

I would absolutely love it if he did stay, it would be a massive coup

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I did forget about his BullyXL tbf 😅

I would absolutely love it if he did stay, it would be a massive coup
So would I and it would be a huge step towards building a really strong squad for next season.

denzel

Having spent 9 months out, I doubt he'll be fully fit

STURTZ

Having spent 9 months out, I doubt he'll be fully fit
Presumably he's on the verge of complete recovery from injury now, he'd go into pre season the same as all the rest and hopefully be fully fit at the start of the season.
Nobody knows what he will do but I do beleive he's his own man and will do what he thinks is right for him.

Last edited:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stockport have a lot more money than we do.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just a vibe lads, jeez

"can't see" isn't equal to desperate is it?
Yeah, who knows? It's not the vibe I pick up from him. Seems quite happy here, but also someone who embraces challenges, rather than seeks comforts.

If he turned down a contract with us, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go further afield, rather than back to Manchester... Could see him going to the US or similar.

but this is all gleaned from over-analysing his largely batsh*t twitter output, so who knows! I'd love it if he signed up and could still do it.