• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dear the nobber in Block I, Row H approx seat 15 of Doble Stand

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you really need to give a running bloody commentary to those around you throughout the whole game? Everybody can see what is happening on the pitch and from some of the inane rubbish that was falling out of your trap on Saturday it would appear they have more knowledge of the game than you as well.

Nobody minds people having a comment on a player, or a passage of play or a good shout at the lino/ref, but the endless stream of "Switch it, SWITCH IT, SWITCH IT" not only made you sound like a demented Baboon but also serves no purpose other than to irritate those around you as I'm sure the players are not trained to listen to the armchair managers in the stand.

Do you not realise that everybody sat in front, around and behind you are laughing at you throughout the match?

Do yourself and everyone else a favour and please shut up.

Yours faithfully,

Disgruntled of Tunbridge Wells etc...

RyaanECFC

I wonder why you didn't say this to his face..

keyboard warrior! :)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you really need to give a running bloody commentary to those around you throughout the whole game? Everybody can see what is happening on the pitch and from some of the inane rubbish that was falling out of your trap on Saturday it would appear they have more knowledge of the game than you as well.

Nobody minds people having a comment on a player, or a passage of play or a good shout at the lino/ref, but the endless stream of "Switch it, SWITCH IT, SWITCH IT" not only made you sound like a demented Baboon but also serves no purpose other than to irritate those around you as I'm sure the players are not trained to listen to the armchair managers in the stand.

Do you not realise that everybody sat in front, around and behind you are laughing at you throughout the match?

Yours faithfully,

Dont see this as a problem. There are plenty of people voicing their opinions throughout the game. Doesnt sound like he's shouting any offensive abuse.

Does this warrant a thread on exeweb? He prob doesnt even come on here

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Serves you right for sitting in the Doble.

Garth Crooks

Yours faithfully,

Leave it out Sunny Jim.

Either tell the chap in question to shut the f*ck up at the game or turn the other cheek.

God, people these days just don't know how lucky they are.

Last edited:

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was told on more than one occasion, and apparently is told to shut up almost every game!

It was more the running commentary that became irritating than the constant comments, if I wanted an inaccurate commentary I'd have taken a radio and listened to Radio Devon.

Rog H K

There was a guy in the old cowshed that always shouted "Up Up Up Up" ! You're always going to have colourful fans, it's part of footie.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Serves you right for sitting in the Doble.
The comfiness of sitting down vs the option of being able to move away from annoying folk is a close run thing.

Mr Bridger

Does this warrant a thread on exeweb?
You want to copy and paste this into most threads on WOWS Snoop.

Red Monster

Yours faithfully,

If it's the young guy I'm thinking about he sat a few rows from me about 5 years ago,
and that's all he knows " SWITCH IT, SWITCH IT, some of the time before a City player
recieved the ball, that's why I SWITCHED to the BB.