• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Danny Coles

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
They really need to get another pic of Wolfie, perhaps looking slightly sad and/or bothered rather than beaming away, which they can use on the not so good news stories.
:) Very true, he looks well chuffed that Danny's in the news again.

Mackster

Should be good enough reason for dismissal and cancellation of contract. Surely too good an opportunity to pass up to free up some budget and easily find someone better than Coles

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
:) Very true, he looks well chuffed that Danny's in the news again.
How can they get another photo when he's locked in a broom cupboard somewhere in the depths of SJP, which is surely the only explanation as to why after 8 months in the job he's done pretty much zilch?!

Back on topic, if we have to put up with Coles for another season, the very least that should happen is that someone (anyone!) more deserving should take the captaincy.

Taz

If the Club doesn't do anything about it; they should maybe think about it like this: Imagine the lad who took the abuse was the son of the chairman of Flybe... Said chairman then decides that no action shows the club's 'head in the sand' mentality; he then reconsiders his links with the club and withdraws all funding. This is could happen with liabilities like Danny Coles. I think in any language this is gross misconduct, abusing a customer (whether in or out of the shirt makes no difference) is a sackable offence.

Alistair20000

They really need to get another pic of Wolfie, perhaps looking slightly sad and/or bothered rather than beaming away, which they can use on the not so good news stories.
The smile looks somewhat forced to me Lionel

rp42

I don't particularly like Danny Coles and he is clearly out of order, even if he had no idea the tweeter was a kid that is no excuse. If he stays at the club I hope his performances improve because if they don't the relationship is only going one way.

Deleting the tweets and account speaks volumes, he tried to pass it off as banter but had he truly believed that's all it was then he wouldn't have needed to take that action.
What the lad said to him was banter no swearing on his part.

Joshyd123

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27946920

BBC Sport's take on the events.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
A very brief statement from the club. Not even worth the bandwidth, if you ask me:

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statementdc-1653552.aspx

wemissmoxey

That article states Coles penned a near three year contract in 2012 !!

Can someone please tell me how Tisdale gets away with giving someone like Coles a contract of that length whilst at the same time bemoaning our lack of funds etc, we have been there with Tully as well.

The more I hear about the playing side of our club the worse things seem to get.

Last edited:

ECFC89

He's a **** it's pretty obvious. But booing him will just bring a whole negative feel on the entire match, will help no one, and certainly not Christy Pym with the big bank behind him and the big bank willing Coles to make a mistake. Coles Is a ****, but if we start off in a negative way with the youngsters in the team, we could find ourselves with real confidence issues. Booing one player directly when he has a good game ( Once in a blue moon) will present an embarrassing and awkward atmosphere.