• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Curry Houses in Town

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given that we are still (unfortunately) still in the 4th Division of the English football establishment is there not a risk that this might still be misinterpreted as a slight recommendation Olds? ;)
Ha....It used to be the RaWZ Tours establishment of choice for a curry.Never the night before a game though !

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
You blokes never had a curry like they served up at 'Pop's Curry Shop' in Jalan Kayu village outside the main gate at RAF Seleter, Singapore.

Alistair20000

Got a recipe Stuffers ?

Did they serve Hill Station bread and butter pudding for afters ? Had that once at Chutney Mary. Bleddy tasty.

Love Indian food me.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Got a recipe Stuffers ?

Did they serve Hill Station bread and butter pudding for afters ? Had that once at Chutney Mary. Bleddy tasty.

Love Indian food me.
'fraid not Al. It resembled a dish of minced meat in a bright red curry sauce which seriously modified your sphincter shortly after consumption. To eat it you broke off chunks of bread (roti) and dipped it in the sauce and consumed - to cool off afterwards you had a large saucer of cucumber to suck on.

The bad news was that the RAF Police frequently put "Pop's" off limits because it was rumoured that the meat used was that of stray dogs......... but what the hell!!!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks similar to Pop's fare except that it was finely ground mince rather than a big chunk as shown. The sauce was also a much brighter red.

Alistair20000

'fraid not Al. It resembled a dish of minced meat in a bright red curry sauce which seriously modified your sphincter shortly after consumption. To eat it you broke off chunks of bread (roti) and dipped it in the sauce and consumed - to cool off afterwards you had a large saucer of cucumber to suck on.

The bad news was that the RAF Police frequently put "Pop's" off limits because it was rumoured that the meat used was that of stray dogs......... but what the hell!!!
Tell you what, that picture that TPC has dredged up appears to have a small beaver coming to the surface in the South of the bowl unless it is a peppercorn. (puke)

to cool off afterwards you had a large cucumber to suck on.
Reminds me of my Merchant Navy days. Didn't realise you RAF chaps were into that sort of thing too.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reminds me of my Merchant Navy days. Didn't realise you RAF chaps were into that sort of thing too.
Army "Air Despatch" chap who's service saw him frequently on RAF airfields including forward temporary types used in the far east.

Not exactly what I meant Mick - although a mistake that's perfectly understandable knowing your average briny types predilection for the delights of navy cake. ;)