• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Currently 47 Clubs in levels 3 and 4 of EFL but how much longer?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don’t see the point of North/South splits especially for clubs in the South/South West.
It’s a lot easier to get to Manchester or Carlisle than get to Cambridge or Colchester(by road)
West/ East split is easier, it seems to me

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Swindon Town owner on TalkSPORT this Sunday afternoon saying he believes as many as 10 Clubs could go out of business within the next couple of months. Even a reasonably well supported Club like Swindon being unable to start next season without financial help.
Swindon may be relatively well-supported but they are not being run sustainably. Power is quoted as having invested 6 million pounds in the club and my guess is that’s a conservative estimate. They lost 1.6 million in their last accounts and the wages of Doyle and others won’t have been cheap. And, while they have undoubtedly built a decent team this season, it’s hard to see where all that money has been spent. Certainly very little has been spent on improving the County Ground.

I guess from the interview on Talk Sport Power is getting frustrated at having to fund the club while there is no sign of any income coming in and wants someone to help cover the costs. If any club does go out of business it is likely to be in similar circumstances- they are entirely reliant on their owner to fund losses and the owner gets bored or runs out of cash and pulls the plug.

Grecian Max

I can't see socially distanced crowds tbh. It'll be all in when ready and behind closed doors up until that point.

Oldsmobile-88

I can't see socially distanced crowds tbh. It'll be all in when ready and behind closed doors up until that point.
Yep..Difficult to see socially distanced crowds.

I don’t believe playing behind closed doors even for a few games is sustainable for teams at L1 & L2 level.
I’m guessing but I imagine it’s around £200k a month lost income at SJP if their were no attendance allowed.Also what would be the point.
Better to wait until crowds can be allowed back even if that’s at the end of the year.

Boyo

SJP has a capacity of around 8,000,distancing measures will cut that down to around 3,000 I would imagine.
It wouldn't even be that. You'd need 3 (maybe more) empty seats between each person and 3 rows empty for every row occupied. Based on those numbers for every block of 10 rows with 10 seats (100 seats), you'd be able to seat 9 people!!!

Attachments

dommers

It wouldn't even be that. You'd need 3 (maybe more) empty seats between each person and 3 rows empty for every row occupied. Based on those numbers for every block of 10 rows with 10 seats (100 seats), you'd be able to seat 9 people!!!
Unless of course you're from the same household when you could sit next to each other

Boyo

Unless of course you're from the same household when you could sit next to each other
Fair point.
I'm confident however, that we won't see crowds back in stadiums until social distancing measures have been relaxed.

Spoonz Red E

You could get more in if you use diagonal distancing.
Using your diagram go forward two rows and sit two seats along (so there is an 'X' pattern).
Also factor in mask wearing and that everyone is facing the same way (not facing each other).

Still no easy back to full crowds 'though till we have a much better grasp of countering this virus.

Boyo

You could get more in if you use diagonal distancing.
Using your diagram go forward two rows and sit two seats along (so there is an 'X' pattern).
Also factor in mask wearing and that everyone is facing the same way (not facing each other).

Still no easy back to full crowds 'though till we have a much better grasp of countering this virus.
I think you're suggesting this (as per diagram). My trigonometry skills are a little rusty, but I suspect that those on the diagonals would not be 2m apart. Of course if social distancing measures are are reduced in terms of distance, then inevitably you'd get more in. This design only allows 13% capacity, so just over 1,000 people at SJP. I've no idea how you would enforce social distancing on terracing. I suspect it would be impossible.
Once you start thinking about the logistics of getting people in safely through turnstiles and into their seats without coming within 2m of people you quickly realise that it just won't happen. It would be quite funny to watch what would happen when someone in the middle of a block of seats, suddenly announces that they need the loo!!!seats.jpg

eurogrecian

Swindon may be relatively well-supported but they are not being run sustainably. Power is quoted as having invested 6 million pounds in the club and my guess is that’s a conservative estimate. They lost 1.6 million in their last accounts and the wages of Doyle and others won’t have been cheap. And, while they have undoubtedly built a decent team this season, it’s hard to see where all that money has been spent. Certainly very little has been spent on improving the County Ground.

I guess from the interview on Talk Sport Power is getting frustrated at having to fund the club while there is no sign of any income coming in and wants someone to help cover the costs. If any club does go out of business it is likely to be in similar circumstances- they are entirely reliant on their owner to fund losses and the owner gets bored or runs out of cash and pulls the plug.
Spot on. His only blessing is the inexorable rise of the Swiss Franc against Sterling - he's based down here in Geneva I believe.
Mismanaged lower league teams are likely to fold or downsize (go amateur), but the danger is that everything will be swallowed up by the vampires in the Prem. With their lawyers, they have taken control of all the levers in football and the money that goes with them.
I'm afraid that I am not optimistic at the moment. Fingers crossed that City can pull through, we should have a better chance than many.