• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crowd at Conference Play-Off Final

NilesCrane

As it happens I was at this game yesterday. I have a family member (Marty Crane), who supports Oxford.

The Oxford crowd was very impressive, but York was tiny. It was even worse than Morecambe's showing when they beat us. I didn't hear a peep from the York fans. There was even a little bit in the programme about Exeter v Cambridge being the biggest crowd they've had.

The thing that struck me the most about yesterday is how much better we are now since being in League One. The number of poor mistakes yesterday that went unpunished was scandelous. If that game had involved a League One side it would've been a big scoreline.

It showed to me how far we had come.

Red Monster

15,000 according to the Yorkshire Post.
Foyle added his appreciation for City’s 9,000-strong following under the arch, saying: “Our fans turned out in numbers and I’d like to say a big thank-you for their efforts.”

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Oxford crowd was very impressive, but York was tiny. It was even worse than Morecambe's showing when they beat us. I didn't hear a peep from the York fans. There was even a little bit in the programme about Exeter v Cambridge being the biggest crowd they've had.
From the York end you couldn't hear Oxford at all. They may have had the numbers, but they were not heard at all. On the flip side, York sung almost constantly for the 90 mins

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
From the York end you couldn't hear Oxford at all. They may have had the numbers, but they were not heard at all. On the flip side, York sung almost constantly for the 90 mins
How much was a ticket..??

Grecian2K

Same last year (in the Cambridge end for the Turkey's game :$)...sorry but "New" Wembley is a SH*T stadium atmos-wise.....as we found within days of it first opening :(

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
How much was a ticket..??
£35 face value, but then £3 booking fee per ticket, and £4.95 transaction fee per order - so when you buy your ticket on your own like I did, it rocked in at £42.95!

Oldsmobile-88

£35 face value, but then £3 booking fee per ticket, and £4.95 transaction fee per order - so when you buy your ticket on your own like I did, it rocked in at £42.95!
Thats quite pricey..I know its Wembley & the FA have a huge debt to service on the Stadium,but they will price people out...I'm sure the Conference board were expecting a bigger crowd especially when Oxford were one of the teams involved...

A family of 4 would not have got much change out of £300 with travelling taken into account.

It was £20 iirc when we first played at Wembley..

ExUniYellow

We just got the biggest crowd by a couple of hundred the BBC and Sky reported wrongly the Conference website has the correct figure. The breakdown apparantly was around 33k for us and 8k for York but that isn't confirmed. The stupid kick off time certainly didn't help the York fans especially.

Congratulations on staying up by the way, glad we aren't playing our 'bogey team' next season.

Grecian2K

Thats quite pricey..I know its Wembley & the FA have a huge debt to service on the Stadium,but they will price people out...I'm sure the Conference board were expecting a bigger crowd especially when Oxford were one of the teams involved...

A family of 4 would not have got much change out of £300 with travelling taken into account.

It was £20 iirc when we first played at Wembley..
Good point, well made there Russ.

So f*ck the play-offs next season - Tis'll just have to get us up Auto (like 08-09! :) )

eurogrecian

We just got the biggest crowd by a couple of hundred the BBC and Sky reported wrongly the Conference website has the correct figure.
Typical Conference shambles!

Seems that the correct crowd figure was 38,957 + the Club Wembley seats = 42,669, so 158 bigger than the gate for our game.

The k.o. time can't have helped, but then again Oxford is just up the road.