• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2024

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
P.S. I'm liking the look of young Aldridge - a big lad with some pace and hostility. Important for at least one of our young quicks to step up this season.
Aye.

He bowled a great over the 12th to slow Sorry down when they were rampant. 2 wickets and just a single conceded.

Also got vital runs to help get the lead and wickets in the first innings: a five fer

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good bowling and outfield catching after a blistering start by Sorry - overall a good result and enjoyable game

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Morning All - dipping in from time to time while avoiding the Social Club forum....

Not exactly been an exciting start for Middx back in Div 2, unless you enjoy players cruising to double (and triple) tons. Yay the Kookaburra ball! On the plus side I WFH on Fridays and Mondays so the early season scheduling works well in terms of having the stream on the TV while I'm working.

Alistair20000

Morning All - dipping in from time to time while avoiding the Social Club forum....

Not exactly been an exciting start for Middx back in Div 2, unless you enjoy players cruising to double (and triple) tons. Yay the Kookaburra ball! On the plus side I WFH on Fridays and Mondays so the early season scheduling works well in terms of having the stream on the TV while I'm working.
Expect bowlers to do rather better when the Dukes ball rocks up.

You are denying yourself a shot at the Beat The Bookie competition by eschewing the Social Club forum. :(

Just saying like.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Expect bowlers to do rather better when the Dukes ball rocks up.

You are denying yourself a shot at the Beat The Bookie competition by eschewing the Social Club forum. :(

Just saying like.
I might go "all in" on the final game week, who knows...!

I know the first week in particular was impacted by the weather (ironically the only time we've lost was day 4 the week just gone), but one positive result in two game weeks suggests the experiment hasn't been a roaring success. We've conceded 1100+ runs for not even one full innings in terms of wickets - and scored pretty much the same too.

I appreciate it was a way to try to combat teams being all out for 12 in early April, but perhaps the solution ought instead to be...play Cricket in summer. Yet again we have something like two months with no CC games because of the effing Hundred. I watched a YouTube Sky Sports preview thing with the CEO of Durham (the one who described people like me as "Luddites"), and his solution to not playing so early was to play less actual Cricket in favour of a bigger Hundred. It was all I could do not to put my foot through the screen and send him the bill.

Alistair20000

I might go "all in" on the final game week, who knows...!

I know the first week in particular was impacted by the weather (ironically the only time we've lost was day 4 the week just gone), but one positive result in two game weeks suggests the experiment hasn't been a roaring success. We've conceded 1100+ runs for not even one full innings in terms of wickets - and scored pretty much the same too.

I appreciate it was a way to try to combat teams being all out for 12 in early April, but perhaps the solution ought instead to be...play Cricket in summer. Yet again we have something like two months with no CC games because of the effing Hundred. I watched a YouTube Sky Sports preview thing with the CEO of Durham (the one who described people like me as "Luddites"), and his solution to not playing so early was to play less actual Cricket in favour of a bigger Hundred. It was all I could do not to put my foot through the screen and send him the bill.
I share your pain but as The Hundred might be propping up the first class game financially I fear we are stuck with the fecker

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cidermen's Ben Green on loan to Leics.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Notts 193 All Out

Grecian2K

Notts 193 All Out
And the Zidermen (currently) easing along at 53-0 in 20 ovs.
Meanwhile, down in Chelmsford, Lancs being skittled down to 104 for 8.
I sincerely hope that those East Saxon pitch whingers haven't been applying Vaseline to their "heavy roller" yet again? That surely wouldn't "be cricket"... absolute hypocrisy especially after the fuss they made about the County Ground a few years back.
Maybe it's just that the "Sir Alistair" Cookaburra ball just suits their style of play?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cidermen 116 for 1. Renshaw out for 34 ten minutes before stumps. Good to see Dickson (70 n.o.) getting welcome runs.