• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2020

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
England wrap it up.
At least we can be hopeful about Sibley, Pope and Bess. Crawley was ok, too
So we have Bess and Root as possible spinners for Sri Lanka tour plus Leach if he is fully recovered.
I'd take Broad (always reliable), Wood, Curran, Archer as fast bowlers.
Bess and Leach (spinners)
Obviously Root and Stokes will go.
Batsmen would be Pope, Sibley, Burns, Crawley.
Butter will.probably go but his batting yields little.
Have I left anyone out or included someone who won't go?

Yes, still have to finish this test series. Can't see England losing the 4th test
Ben Foakes should keep in Sri Lanka - i think Butler is a super talent but he’s not as good a keeper as foakes (who can also bat) and hasn’t been consistent enough in test cricket

Let him concentrate on ODI & Twenty20 because he hasn’t worked out Test cricket

I don’t think it will happen mind as he’s very well “in” with the international set up

CREDYGRECIAN

Bess & Leach as spinners

Broad , Archer , Wood & Woakes as the seamers....with Stokes as well.

CREDYGRECIAN

I’d stick with Denley but only just.....pretty 30’s need to be turned into proper scores...

Be nice to see Crawley get a score in the next test and then all the young batters would of done enough to keep there places with Sibley & Pope already scoring 100’s

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ben Foakes should keep in Sri Lanka - i think Butler is a super talent but he’s not as good a keeper as foakes (who can also bat) and hasn’t been consistent enough in test cricket

I don’t think it will happen mind as he’s very well “in” with the international set up
I've long maintained Buttler's game while ideal for the white ball isn't technically good enough for the red ball - his habit of bringing the bat down from second slip means he is vulnerable to any sort of deviation off the seam. Totally agree that Foakes should get the nod.

IndoMike

I agree about Foakes/Butter. Think the latter's been in the team for the runs, but the runs have dried up.
I like Curran but can see the logic in picking Woakes as a bowler in the humid conditions of Sri Lanka
I've got a bit fed up with Denley, but I guess he has to go if there's nobody better.
Wondering if Leach will be fit enough. His illness must be debilitating and playing in the humid conditions of Sri Lanka might be too much

CREDYGRECIAN

If leach isn’t available they may try and tempt Moeen back....I hope they don’t....

Parkinson doesn’t seem to have impressed enough given Bess jumped ahead of him despite not being picked originally.....

If Leach is out and Parkinson isn’t ready than the I’d just let Root & Denley bowl more overs.....

IndoMike

If leach isn’t available they may try and tempt Moeen back....I hope they don’t....

Parkinson doesn’t seem to have impressed enough given Bess jumped ahead of him despite not being picked originally.....

If Leach is out and Parkinson isn’t ready than the I’d just let Root & Denley bowl more overs.....

I know Root took 4 wickets in the last test but he picked the best end to bowl from, relegating Bess to bowl to the end which wasn't taking spin.
Captain's prerogative, I suppose. Personally if Leach isn't available I think we need Bess and at least one other genuine spinner. Wouldn't rely on Denley, either.
I thought about Moeen, too, or Rahid.

CREDYGRECIAN

Rashid is out he’s injured

IndoMike

Rashid is out he’s injured
Sorry I got his name wrong. I'm terrible with names Apologies to Rashid
Injured? Hope he can be available, at least for consideration.

IndoMike

It's the 4th Test in South Africa. With the Africans losing their star fast bowler due to suspension, and with England's tails up and SA down in the dumps, surely England must win?