• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2015

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
i dont know what to make of KP been included in the TMS box for the world cup. hope he is not to critical of the team but we will just have to wait and see

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see "The Big Show" Glen Maxwell is trying his hand with Yaaaarkshire this season after a "Mainly No Show" for Hampshire in 2014 and for Sorry in 2013.

Sidey's back

Like (y)(y)

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Hampshire have signed all rounder Gareth Berg for all forms of cricket after an injury ravaged 2014 season. Cannot say I am jumping with joy but perhaps Jason will correct me given the previous Middlesex connection.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Hampshire have signed all rounder Gareth Berg for all forms of cricket after an injury ravaged 2014 season. Cannot say I am jumping with joy but perhaps Jason will correct me given the previous Middlesex connection.
If he is back to full fitness then you've got a gem, but he has been struggling for the last 2-3 years now. After his previous injuries he came back in 2013 and had lost all his pace but provided great control - fine if you want to tie down an end but not if you need a stack of quick wickets.

Decent enough middle lower order biffer too. Might therefore be an asset in OD Cricket if not necessarily the CC these days.

Alistair20000

If he is back to full fitness then you've got a gem, but he has been struggling for the last 2-3 years now. After his previous injuries he came back in 2013 and had lost all his pace but provided great control - fine if you want to tie down an end but not if you need a stack of quick wickets.

Decent enough middle lower order biffer too. Might therefore be an asset in OD Cricket if not necessarily the CC these days.
Thanks Jason.

Alistair20000

Martin Crowe deservedly inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame.

Also rather poignant as he has terminal cancer.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Martin Crowe deservedly inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame.

Also rather poignant as he has terminal cancer.
One of the most attractive batsmen in the history of the game, and a very good scholar of the game too, his articles are well worth a read.

Alistair20000

Jason's old mate Owais Shah signed up by Hampshire for the T20's. Not quite sure how they will fit him into the side.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Somerset kick off there pre season today with a knock about with Glamorgen. dont see the point of two day matches myself, but thats just me. I wonder how long it will be before Trescothick gets on my nerves ......