• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

craig disley injury

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
anyone see the injury craig disley suffered playing for shrewsbury against rotherham. wasnt nice to look at and made me cringe!

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
And as a result of a really shocking pitch. Now that is a playing surface to moan about.

I watched large chunks of this match and it made me realise the massive gulf in quality between L2 and L1.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
all the bad weather we have had hasnt helped. pitch was under snow for a while and they hadnt played there for weeks through postponements

mammooman

Broken ankle after getting his foot caught on an uneven pitch and his body weight going over the top. Looked lovely on the ol' telly box. 8 weeks out initial reports suggest.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
And as a result of a really shocking pitch. Now that is a playing surface to moan about.

I watched large chunks of this match and it made me realise the massive gulf in quality between L2 and L1.
couldnt disagree more , that games was miles better in terms of standard than the last 3 games shown from league 1 on sky in recent times , both teams attacked well.

Poultice

couldnt disagree more , that games was miles better in terms of standard than the last 3 games shown from league 1 on sky in recent times , both teams attacked well.
Not sure how much relevance this spat has. The last three L1 games have involved Charlton twice agin Os and Gas when we know the Os are the form side of them three, plus Colchester Sarfend on a beach, comparisons are hardly valid.

But if I had to make the call I would say there was feck all to chose between any of them.

The injury was a person, easily done though, I managed to bugger liagaments in my knee twisting on a similar surface back in the day, your foot just stops while the rest of you carries on, you can almost hear your body tear in slow motion.

StroudGrecian

Me too Poult. ACL reconstruction was a long slow person.

Poultice

Me too Poult. ACL reconstruction was a long slow person.
Strangely enough it happened 39 years ago but has just started playing up again, wonder if it is too late to sue the owners of the pitch.