• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Coventry Prediction Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So will the second, the weather and the officiating, along with the post match interviews. It can’t be right that I already wish the season was over can it?
I'll be hiding away on a train going from Zurich to Chur. I'll be taking in the country-side rather than keeping an eye on the score.

Ashford Grecian

Another easy away win 0-2 Sky Blues

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The first half will be awful.
Yeah but perhaps the second half ( of the season ) will be a vast improvement.

It's the optimism that gets you.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll be hiding away on a train going from Zurich to Chur. I'll be taking in the country-side rather than keeping an eye on the score.
Lycky you, Hants. Enjoy it.

Spoonz Red E

It can’t be right that I already wish the season was over can it?
No. it's not right.

I'll be hiding away on a train going from Zurich to Chur.
Only Hants has an excuse to be Churlish. ;)

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are awful away. Coventry are decent at home and on good form.

4-0 Loss.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
We are awful away. Coventry are decent at home and on good form.

4-0 Loss.
I didn't realise we were playing them away twice.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
In predicting the outcome of this match. We need to consign our thoughts regarding our display against WBA, in particular the first half, to the memory bin. WBA may currently be second bottom of the Prem on goal difference and had not won since August but since their 1-1 draw away to Spurs end November had drawn 6 and lost 4. Three of the draws being against Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton and one of the defeats being against Man U. Their last game before playing us had been away to West Ham losing 1-2 to a 94th Andy Carroll goal so in my view were far more than being no hopers.

Pardew knew how important a win would be and took no chances fielding a strong starting eleven. Others have said we started slowly but in truth we never had a chance to start being one nil down inside the first minute. A well taken goal although there was an element of luck about it. Going behind so quickly we never had a chance to take the game to them and try to take advantage of any of the usual Cup Tie influences e.g unfamiliar surroundings and partisan crowd which would have made them feel uncomfortable, edgy and under pressure to perform.

Instead the early goal gave them a huge fillip and allowed them to play their natural game. Any Prem League team allowed to do this would be a team to be reckoned with. You can only play as well as the other team will let you and their confidence was sky whereas it would have been fully understandable if ours had been at rock bottom.

We are on an equal footing with Coventry and had we played and won the FGR game we would be a point ahead of them. Hopefully both JMT and Holmes will be fit to start and if we play the type of football, as opposed to the out and out hoofball of recent games, we played second half against WBA we will give them something to think about. Going for a City win 2-1.

Exehausted

I think you're spot on Sexton. Although they only beat a fourth tier team, it's a win and Pardew and his players needed that. If Mark Hughes had done the same he might still have a job, although a change was almost certainly going to happen after his next Prem defeat anyway.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I don't understand why Holmes is ever sub - proper footballer and quality on the ball, I reckon he could do a similar job for City like Carey does for Argyle in the no10 role if played there or given opportunities.