• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Could we win the league?

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Error, wrong thread.

Last edited:

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Too early to say. If we can keep momentum going then it's possible, if we get stung with injuries which is very likely, then play offs could be the best we hope for.

In other words, am sitting on the fence at the mo. Ask again end of Feb.

PeteUSA

Dont you think that at least two thirds of the rest of the teams in league 2, who thought they were in the s**t because they had bugger all money to spend, and had to rely on shoving ill prepared youngsters into the team are waking up to the fact that they might not be so bad after all? We're extemely dependant on Oakley and Gow, plus Artur not sustaining injuries. If those two, plus Art, (who showed a lot of confidence waving the virtual finger at 1200 Argyle fans) can stay injury free, then I think we're in with a shout of the top 7 come may. I hope I'm proved wrong (as the rose tinters always say on here) and that we p!ss the league by 10 clear points come march, but as I said, a lot of other teams are coming to realise that they're crap, but still in with a chance!

Last edited:

The_Governor

Maybe (a big maybe) if everybody stays relatively fit and our youngsters don't run out of legs.

I don't think we can win the league as it relies on a lot of factors to go our way such as :
1. The older guys stay fit and play 35 games (Oakley , Parkin, Coles , Baldwin, Butterfield , Docs)
2. Gow stays fit and plays 35 games plus
3. Other key players, Arthur , Bennett and Sercs play 35 game plus
4. The Young players like Wheeler, Grimes, etc have the legs to play out the season . They are going to tire towards the end of the season and their impact will be reduced.

I will settle for a playoff place and take our chances in a playoff situation

contrabombarde

Sitting on the fence for this one.If we get reasonable results against Scunthorpe and Oxford we may dare to hope.

FAN-TATIC

Here we go again! Getting ahead of ourselves. We are just 11 games in with 36 left to play and it's;"Can we win this League?" Let's see where we are in early January, when we will have played every other team once. If at that stage we are still in the top 6 and picking up the points home and away as we are at present then we will have a reasonable chance of making the play offs. Even then, we could get hit with injuries like we did last season and we all know what happened then.

One game at a time guys, be patient and see what unfolds, in the meantime enjoy the ride.

PeteUSA

One game at a time guys, be patient and see what unfolds, in the meantime enjoy the ride.
s**t! Fanny, as fond as I am of you, jump on and "enjoy the ride" gets on my tits nearly as much as "Move along, nothing to see here", City had "a bad day at the office", as well as 'assist' 'glovesman' and 'early doors'! Now I'm going to hit the sack! Goodnight.

Last edited:

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
"Late in the day" is it Pete?

arthur

s**t! Fanny, as fond as I am of you, jump on and "enjoy the ride" gets on my tits nearly as much as "Move along, nothing to see here", City had "a bad day at the office", as well as 'assist' 'glovesman' and 'early doors'! Now I'm going to hit the sack! Goodnight.
Going forward, who knows? At the end of the day ourselves may be in a champion situation...

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
a) Yes, of course.

b) Probably not, though automatics / playoffs are certainly within our reach if all goes well.