• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Congratulations - You've just won £14 Million

edindevon

All of this talk about how our beloved club should spend any potential cash windfall got me thinking about winning big on the lottery (not that I actually play it)

So.... You've just won £14 million.

What are you going to do with it?
Will you give any away to friends or family?
How about charitable donations?
Would you invest it in property, shares, etc or be more inclined to blow it on fast cars and racehorses?
Would you quit your job?
Would it change you as a person....can you cope with your new found riches? (I'm thinking of that chav "Lotto Lout" Michael Carroll, who blew the lot and now works in a shortbread factory)
Would you be prepared to give any cash to ECFC, if so how much?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's not enough for me to make a substantial donation, however I would probably avail myself of a number of high end sponsorship opportunities.

If I had enough that it was beer money I'd look to buy the ground, lease it to the club on a long term lease (100years +) with it written into the contract that the club had first refusal on extending the lease on the same terms. I'd then ensure the ground was up to scratch an met all the necessary regulations.

That way the club always had a home and just had to concentrate on funding the team. How they did that would be entirely up to them and completely separate from any investment I made.i think I would like one exec. Box in return. For life.

angelic upstart

I had an email from a Nigerian businessman last week trying to give me 14 mill. I've not yet received it.

I would retire and depending on taxation, gift a couple mill to family and friends. This may mean that I set up a company and get them on a payroll for non existent services. It would be difficult, personally for my life not to change. I would still be an idiot though.

motorservices

if you won 14 million interest (at the standard rate, it would be more id have said) would mean you would get around 3K a week interest

Id buy the ground and build it fit for purpose and fund a squad ablt to make the CCC, but trying to keep it paying for itself

All pie in the sky though

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Live on the interest, travelling, donate to the cats protection league, buy Real Mallorca and put them back into the Spanish Premier league :p

Grecian2K

I'd buy the "windmill" that has arisen next to motorservices' place of business....and the spend as much as it took of the rest to 'persuade' the relevant Local Authorities to place a protection order on it! ;)

Mid Devon Clown

I'd spend most of it on coke and whores.

The rest, I'd just waste.

motorservices

I'd buy the "windmill" that has arisen next to motorservices' place of business....and the spend as much as it took of the rest to 'persuade' the relevant Local Authorities to place a protection order on it! ;)
lmao, that said im in talks with the owner about putting the garage name and logo on the motor, that can be seen for miles, but then as it cost 1.2 million and 'only makes 40K a month i fear they will want a bucket load for it to be sign written

contrabombarde

1.2 million motor? Blimey you could stick Grimes on top for that much.

OmanGrecian

My mum's colleague just won £3million. She's not a football fan though :-(