• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester v Exeter City Playoff MDT

Langer

Ajose lacked that spark of quality you can sometimes see in unfit players when I seen him play. When he signed he said he choose Exeter because he Combining it with some study down here straight away I thought of Guillem Bauza who done that and he turned out zero value for money as well.

dontpassback

it goes without saying we need to start on the front foot on Monday and masted needs to be in goal,especially if we end up with penalties,I don’t think ward has been the same keeper since his injury,and whilst the shot from the Colchester lad was a very good effort,there is no way it should have ended up in the net,basic error from ward and he will know that.we need to improve a lot because looking at Cheltenham last night they were streets ahead of us and the other two sides !

C j phill

it goes without saying we need to start on the front foot on Monday and masted needs to be in goal,especially if we end up with penalties,I don’t think ward has been the same keeper since his injury,and whilst the shot from the Colchester lad was a very good effort,there is no way it should have ended up in the net,basic error from ward and he will know that.we need to improve a lot because looking at Cheltenham last night they were streets ahead of us and the other two sides !
Their goal yesterday was very similar to Swindon's away. Perhaps it was clever analysis by their coaching staff, spotting a Ward weak spot.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cheltenham were indeed the best side of the four , but I didn’t think Northampton were too bad and had a few chances on the night. They were strong and would have pushed us and Colchester . It would have been interesting if we’d had to play them and Colchester had drawn Cheltenham. Wouldn’t have wanted to call our result in that event.

arthur

Their goal yesterday was very similar to Swindon's away. Perhaps it was clever analysis by their coaching staff, spotting a Ward weak spot.
What a grim afternoon that was!

Positive spin

or reading our goalkeeping gurus posts

IndoMike

What a bleddy meaningless statistic, only a mere three months gap between games 5 and 6 ! You do have the propensity to spout utter carp at times !:ROFLMAO:
Not really. Our form in the 2nd half of the season dropped considerably. Seems to me that yesterday not much has changed.
Because there's been along break doesn't mean form will magically return. Same players, innit?
However, where there is life there is hope.
We still have one game to put things right.

iscalad

He's not the 3rd best striker.
He's equal third with 2 other players and scored just one or two more than a whole host of other players, most of whom are below us in.the league and theoretically get fewer chances
His goals per minute ratio. Is one of the worst
He has NO assists
If we're going to rely on one goalscorer we need better. If we get promoted we need better. It doesn't mean he has a bad attitude or doesn't try, it's just a question of quality.
So 3rd best is how different from equal 3rd best?
Awaiting to be enlightened

IndoMike

So 3rd best is how different from equal 3rd best?
Awaiting to be enlightened
I've already explained.

benjisheps

Worth remembering (if someone hasn't already said this - and even if they have) that we have always prevailed in the play-off semi finals, despite never having won the first fixture.

And 1-0 isn't an impossible deficit, especially with no weighting on away goals.
Also, last time we lost a playoff first leg we went on to win promotion.....here’s hoping!!;)