• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club statement on use of smoke pellets

Nik Nak

Not one of your brightest post's Hants

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not one of your brightest post's Hants
Sorry? Not sure what point you think you're making?

Nik Nak

Sorry? Not sure what point you think you're making?
Well B4 reading that I would never of had a clue where to start looking to purchase a smoke bomb, but IF I was the type of idiot that would want to you have just pointed them in the right direction. But whilst your post was admittedly a question I am sure some of the younger idiots might take advantage of it if that makes any sense?

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well B4 reading that I would never of had a clue where to start looking to purchase a smoke bomb
Top result on Google, Nik, if you type in 'Smoke Bomb' is 'Shop for Smoke Bomb' with a handy picture - so Hants hasn't really given the game away.

Nik Nak

Top result on Google, Nik, if you type in 'Smoke Bomb' is 'Shop for Smoke Bomb' with a handy picture - so Hants hasn't really given the game away.
Well with the greatest of respect that would never have crossed my mind but then who am I to comment on these boards. Sits back and awaits infraction points for giving an honest response to respected Mod.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Indeed. Anyone interested in using pyro will know how to use Google and ebay to find what they want.

Legohead

Banned
I'm hoping that 'appropriate action' in the clubs statement means a hefty ban from Exeter games for a while and not believing the tall tales of some yoof putting it down to a bit too much booze, bravado and brainlessness. The first two will come and go but they'll always have the third and thus are likely to do it again.

Personally if the fans that want to let off smoke bombs and be a bit more 'energetic' in their support for the team would do so in a corner of the stand away from young kids and other supporters that might find these things troublesome then i haven't a problem with that although it's against groudn regulations. My issue is that when these things are set off then lots of people are exposed to them. I took my 8 year old to a few Derby County matches last season and against Forest there was plumes of red smoke billowing everywhere coming from the away end at the other end of the North Stand. My kid was genuinely terrified that there was a fire in the ground and we should get out and although she wasn't near it, it did have a negative effect.

I have ASD and attending football matches for me is difficult enough with the crowds, noise and pretty bad anxiety so when the smoke bombs were let off at Donny at the back end of last season not far from me it made my afternoon just that little bit more difficult to deal with. I did have to move briefly whilst the smoke passed to be able to breathe a but more easier.

In reality i'm expecting other human beings to be considerate to other human beings and asking Exeter fans to be considrate to other Exeter fans so i'm flogging a dead horse which is sad.

Personally I couldnt care less about these things, my only thought is why the hell would you do it at a psf against Taunton? Odd.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... Sits back and awaits infraction points for giving an honest response to respected Mod.
I'm afraid, NN, you may be waiting some time. You made a valid point and asked a relevant question. :)

With regard to the use of smoke, I too hope the pillocks involved get a lengthy ban. Whilst it's almost unheard of me attending matches these days due to health, I'm always tempted by nearby friendlies. Had I attended, and been near the smoke, then I would've been carted off in an ambulance. Assuming it would get there in time. My lungs simply would not have been able to cope.
To me, people who let off these things are ignorant, selfish, arseholes.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
But Rae, it's all about creating scenes*, yes, scenes* and who cares about anyone else?

* whatever the **** that means.