• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Argyle - Matchday Thread

Radio Free Skaro

No wait a minute, hang on a second...

Mid Devon Grecian

In theory it’s not no.
But as we’ve been saying this for years (literally), don’t you think it’s about time we accept that it’s probably not going to happen anytime soon so circumvent it by doing what everyone else does to us.
Or we can continue to have this discussion about opposition teams playing the refs for many more years to come.
Agree, we can’t keep thinking we’ll be ‘looked after’, we won’t and no point moaning. You’ve got to play to the conditions before you. We’re not that cute & I hope a tough Scot like Caldwell will sort for next year….

Radio Free Skaro

Not exactly true , on Radio Devon they commented how loud Argiggle fans were and how quiet City were ......
The poor quality of entertainment on display largely from Argyle, silenced the City crowd (bleddy fairweather lightweights!)

Charlie

The poor quality of entertainment on display largely from Argyle, silenced the City crowd (bleddy fairweather lightweights!)
A draw would've been the right result , there hoof ball was a joke ,awful to watch ...

dontpassback

If they go up,they will meet better teams and get found out,they will be back quicker than you can say FGR !

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
If that’s true, it surprises me.
If an opponent does even the most basic research on us they’d know we prefer kicking into the Big Bank end in the second half.
So if they win the toss and have an easy opportunity to take that advantage away from us why wouldn’t they?
It’s a very simple and obvious thing to do.
You’d think with the amount of preparation and analysis that goes into each match every little gain you could achieve in each match would be automatically taken.
I mean in the Devon Derby between us and Argyle specifically, not a normal run of the mill game against anyone else. As you say, we do get turned around when losing the toss quite often at SJP. But when it comes to City v Gargs whether at SJP or Gnome Park, it hardly ever happens. It can't be that the toss has gone the way of the home side every time for the last god knows how many games between us. I think you would have to go back to the nineties to find a game where we changed ends at the toss, whether that is us attacking the BB in the first half or Argyle attacking the Devonport End. Whether it has been us going down there or Argyle up here, we have both wanted to attack our own away fans in the second half and not bothered about switching ends as we might in other away games.

Mid Devon Grecian

Interesting that GC said that Harper was left out today for a few reasons but one being looking to the future. Seeing Kegs did start, maybe he is in our thoughts for next season?
I’ve not seen anything from Kegs that suggests he’s going to set the world on fire. Equally Harper looks like a highly paid luxury

Radio Free Skaro

If they go up,they will meet better teams and get found out,they will be back quicker than you can say FGR !
I'm not convinvced by that argument, that's sort of disengenious to Exeter City!

Cowshed Grecian

If they’re top of the league, we can go up next season…just saying.

Cowshed Grecian

I wonder how they’re best player is doing? The ref