• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City in the Media

Matt Russell

Members of the Trust are not representatives of the fans, although you would expect them, mostly at least, to be fans. All fans can of course become members of the Trust.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Members of the Trust are not representatives of the fans, although you would expect them, mostly at least, to be fans. All fans can of course become members of the Trust.
Who do they represent? The local bloody council??????? I haven't found a member of The Trust who isn't a City fan so if they don't represent the fans, enlighten me. Who do they represent???? It's a bit like saying your MP doesn't represent your constituency.

Matt Russell

Who do they represent? The local bloody council??????? I haven't found a member of The Trust who isn't a City fan so if they don't represent the fans, enlighten me. Who do they represent???? It's a bit like saying your MP doesn't represent your constituency.
Forgive me, but no it isn't. An MP is elected by his constituents, I'm a member of the Trust and nobody has elected me. I chose to be a member as all City fans can.

grecIAN Harris

Forgive me, but no it isn't. An MP is elected by his constituents, I'm a member of the Trust and nobody has elected me. I chose to be a member as all City fans can.
Well if you want to get into the nuts and bolts of it all then The BoS voted on the motion who were voted in by members of The Trust. The Trust is fans representative group. At the end of the day the motion was placed because of the disquiet of The Trust membership and the fans. The contract was terminated at the request of the fans whichever way you want to twist it up.

Matt Russell

I'll twist it up factually.
The BOS (Trust Board) are elected by Trust members and it is the membership that they represent. To state that Trust members represent the fans is simply untrue.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Trust Board represents the owners of the Club i.e those fans who are contributing financially to the Trust’s coffers and in doing so the Club itself. They also represent the fans and are a voice for the City faithful by dint that they are themselves fans.

Red Bill

Agreed and no problem with that depending on what is understood as at present.
No manager will think long-term or plan long-term without the security of long-term tenure to achieve their goals.
What therefore would represent a suitable length of contract for him to be offered in your opinion to achieve his goals?

Pete Martin (CTID)

I'm not sure where this this thread is going but, for the avoidance of doubt, the Trust represents its members (circa 3,100 presently). It tries to be as inclusive as possible, but fans who are not members are, quite obviously, unable to vote on any issue, including elections to the Trust Board. If there were ever a vote on a take-over bid for the club, they would not be able to vote in a decision on that either. Neither can they attend the AGM. Most Trust forums are advertised as open to non trust members however.

Matt Russell

I see that a Trust Board member has got in, and put it better than me, before I could try again - phew!
To SB, with the addition of a few words, we can agree?
They also represent the fans in that they are a voice for the City faithful etc etc This though is different from being representatives of the fans
To RB, I'd be disappointed if it was less than 2-3 years, with regular reviews.

elginCity

What therefore would represent a suitable length of contract for him to be offered in your opinion to achieve his goals?
3 year fixed term contract, as you rightly say, he's earned it.