• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christmas Song - 1st original recorded by the Thorvertones

Jean Jeannie

I know, it's another Christmas song thread but, I think it's special therefore I've given it a thread of its own.

This is the very first original recording of a Christmas song written by the Thorvertones. I'd love you to have a listen - please see link below:

http://www.thorvertones.co.uk/Thorvertones/Thorvertones.html

I hope you like it. I think it is brightens the Christmas spirits basically pointing out what a pain in the arse it can be but in a fun way.

Mods - if you can leave this for one day without merging with any other thread (preferably the Thorvertones thread if poss) I would be grateful - it is nearly Christmas :).

Merry Christmas All

Last edited:

Jean Jeannie

grecian till i die

I think its crap to be brutaly honest

Jean Jeannie

That's ok GTID thanks for your input.

grecian till i die

That's ok GTID thanks for your input.
Btw whos the thorvertons

Jean Jeannie

First live hearing at the Bowling Green tomorrow 9pm.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why does there need to be 2 threads about this?? :S

Jean Jeannie

Why does there need to be 2 threads about this?? :S
I started this one memoman because I was hoping for some feedback for the song – it being the first song written and recorded by the band. If I had put it in with the general Thorvertone’s thread which I post information on the forthcoming gigs then I would never know whether anyone listened to it or not – saying that, I still don’t really. As I said in the OP, if the mods feel it apt for this thread to be merged with the other Thorvertone’s thread then so be it.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thats a bit harsh GTIE. I dont know whats "crap" about it - I watched the video on youtube and I think its very good. The balance is good, the guitarists are good, and the soloist is excellent. Not sure about the drums cos' you dont see a lot of him, but by and large, its as good a sound as the early Fab, Don Jack, and other local groups of the early 90's were. The words are a bit irrelevant and somewhat difficult to make out at times, but in a Travelling Wilburys kinda way, I liked it. Not sure about the group name, since one immediately thinks they are from Thorverton, but outside of Devon that wouldnt matter.

Get an agent - Give Adie Hart a ring. Say I sent you. I shall of course require a small consideration. ;)

Good Luck!

Jean Jeannie

Thanks Pete. Haven't heard Don Jack mentioned in a long while. You are right in thinking they are from Thorverton.

Good suggestion of Adie Hart too - didn't think of that one [y]