• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Choose the New Third Kit for Next Season

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's not even that I don't like it, although I do prefer the black one, it just defies the purpose of it being an alternative kit when it's made of the same colours.
That's what I meant you don't like and to an extent, playing in an alternative kit away from home when we don't have to 🙂

Boyo

The white option looks familiar

1711384333382.png

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nope. It says in the article that the shorts will be red with a white trim. Will look a bit like the sort of kit Walsall used to play in.
I didn't realise the shorts would be red.It's got to be the black kit instead.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
As an aside, I can’t understand why we don’t adopt the Brazil gold and blue as an away kit.

Never going to be an issue when our first kit clashes, and has a nod to history. History any other club would love to have.

Grecian Max

As an aside, I can’t understand why we don’t adopt the Brazil gold and blue as an away kit.

Never going to be an issue when our first kit clashes, and has a nod to history. History any other club would love to have.
I think the main issue with it is that is looks like Torquay? We had a kit before that looked rubbish for it, Tom Nichols era

I don't mind City in yellow, but the combination of the blue shorts is an issue for me

Spoonz Red E

Nope. It says in the article that the shorts will be red with a white trim. Will look a bit like the sort of kit Walsall used to play in.
Interesting.

I know we've had issues with alternative short colours in recent seasons - I wonder what the home short colour would be?

Colesman Ballz

Didn't another Club use the "Brazil style" kit before (possibly Crystal Palace ? ). Iirc it attracted negative publicity as they lacked the "finesse" of the the real McCoy and were therefore seen as having "ideas above their station" !
OK so we might have a legitimate connection, but would that be enough to avoid any similar sort of ridicule ? :unsure:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't another Club use the "Brazil style" kit before (possibly Crystal Palace ? ). Iirc it attracted negative publicity as they lacked the "finesse" of the the real McCoy and were therefore seen as having "ideas above their station" !
OK so we might have a legitimate connection, but would that be enough to avoid any similar sort of ridicule ? :unsure:
IIRC Doncaster had a Brazil away kit in the 90s and finished bottom of Division 4 (or The Third Division or whatever it was called then)...League Two now.

JGrecian23

Yes Palace in early 90s. My Dad is a Palace fan and tried to force them on me at an early age and I had that kit. Must have been 91-92 or thereabouts, maybe a year or so later. Can picture Mark Bright in it.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
IIRC Doncaster had a Brazil away kit in the 90s and finished bottom of Division 4 (or The Third Division or whatever it was called then)...League Two now.
Screenshot_20240325_205949_Chrome.jpg

One Paul Tisdale played in midfield in this match.