• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chesterfield home game tickets

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
How weird is this? I log onto the ECFC online ticket sales webpage, only to find that the tickets for the Chesterfield game are not available yet! My son brought me back a card especially printed for the game yesterday, claiming that I could save £3 off a ticket if bought online for the Chesterfield and Wycombe games. But I can't purchase one yet, despite the fact that there are facilities for purchasing AWAY tickets for the Cheltenham and Torquay (Gold members only) which occur AFTER the Chesterfield game. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not in any hurry to watch City stutter and stumble around another shambles of a home game, but I do want to spend a little time watching my team at the festive season, then partake of some real ale after the game with my good mate Tinballs! Imagine my surprise that on checking the webpage I was unable to purchase tickets for a game that's on in 19 days' time! What a farce. (PS I couldn't get to yesterday's game due to illness, so it will be about 5 weeks before I see my team play again - if I am eventually able to buy a bleddy ticket!).

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Strange. I've just checked the ticket sales website again and the Torquay tickets for Gold members has now vanished! Have they sold out the allocation for Gold members or have they been inundated with ticket sales?

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
Either match might be brought forward to next week's free weekend.

Not that I want anyone to panic.

BlockC

The special ON-LINE internet only deal of £3 off adults and Over 60's anywhere in the ground for Chesterfield and Wycombe started this morning at 9:00. As part of the deal there are NO booking fees only the postage charge (or collect for free) for these two games only.

Please note this offer is not open to purchases at the club, over the phone or on match day where normal prices and booking fees will apply.

Last edited:

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Again, many thanks for the update Block C! I understood the basis of £3 off for online sales only and appreciate that others on here might not have realised that was only for tickets purchased in this manner. I look forward to parting with my hard-earned pounds this evening when I get home and pray that we see a better performance that evening than we have endured thus far............:D

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has anyone got a link for this? The official site seems to offer me the chance to buy a season ticket for this year but not much else.

BlockC

Go to web page http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/buy-online-and-save-3-per-ticket-1204685.aspx or they have a shortcut link ecfc.co/HomeTickets

manc grecian

Cheers.

Bit of a hassle but got there in the end.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
So can I confirm I have read this correctly? If I buy tickets for either game on line it's three pounds off normal price. If I buy tickets for both it's three pounds off each match and no booking fee. If I buy more than one ticket for one of the matches it's still no booking fee.

So where I would normally pay £42 for both matches I can do it for £36.

If this is correct I say well done to the club for trying something different. The only way of telling if such an idea will make more income is by trying it, and while it's not looking great with our current home form if we did manage to pull out two good performances and results then even if we lost a bit on the chesterfield/Wycombe matches we could make more back by encouraging any extras to the next homes.

Glad to see also that the offer is valid up to day before match day. Not about to rush to get them but hope to get to both matches so this offer will be very welcome.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff - obviously the pull in this is to hook people in for the Chesterfield game which could otherwise be a sub-3000 (and then some!) crowd by dangling the carrot of cheaper entry for the NYD game which is likely to attract a decent crowd in any case.