• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham T v EXETER CITY Build-up, Predictions, Travel et al

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can I break it gently to Jason that Gary Johnson isn’t manager at Cheltenham any more? And indeed hasn’t been for some while.....

Spoonz Red E

Can I break it gently to Jason that Gary Johnson isn’t manager at Cheltenham any more? And indeed hasn’t been for some while.....
You can't accuse him of passing on duff information.

GJW

4-1 to City. Fired right up.

Dannyred

City Win 6-1

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheltenham are now an aggressive team who put lots of balls into the opposing box for the likes of Tyrone Barnett to attack. They also have a lad with a massive throw, Tozer.

If we are going to play four at the back I'd go with:

Sweeney O'Shea Brown Wilson

If we are going to go with three at the back with wing backs I'd go with:

Sweeney Brown O'Shea

Wilson Woodman (or Moxey)

We will need big strong centre backs who are good in the air for this one. Brown must play.

Also I think we need to bring Sweeney back in, yes at times his passing frustrates me however he has generally played over the last few months and his aerial ability is underrated by many, he's not quick however he's generally very solid defensively especially when he plays more centrally.

I predict a turgid 1 - 1.
I'd go three at the back with Sweeney, Brown and one of Moxey or O'Shea - not sure which one though, as both have been playing really well but both had absolute shockers last week. I'd also play Collins in midfield alongside Taylor and Law. Would like to see Lee Martin get more game time but not sure how you fit him into the first-choice 11.

benjisheps

I wouldn't be surprised if we line up in 4-2-3-1 with the line up below or a 3-5-2 in which Martin would come out and Woodman would play.

(4-2-3-1) Pym
Sweeney Brown O'Shea Moxey

Taylor Boateng

Martin Law Jay

Bowman

(3-5-2/3-4-2-1)
Pym

O'Shea Brown Moxey

Sweeney Taylor Boateng Woodman

Jay Law

Bowman

Red Devon

Would like to see Sweeney, Collins and Bowman all come back in after last Saturdays performance, with Boateng, Holmes and Donovan making way...O’Shea would be lucky to retain his place after Mansfield too.

grecIAN Harris

You could say that about anybody from last week.

IndoMike

Although I realize this is not a popular suggestion, I would prefer to start off with Law or Boateng and then make the switch if the one who's on gets knackered or injured or is playing crap. Neither are defensive midfielders or wingers and should not be wasted in that position. This would create an opening for Archie and/or Lee Martin.
My team for this game is:
Pym
O'Shea, Brown, Moxey
Wilson, Taylor, Collins, Law, Woodman/Holmes/Brown
Forte/Jay/L Martin, Bowman.

This team cannot be beaten.

grecIAN Harris

Which one? It looks like you've picked at least three.