• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham Next week.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cue card will return me a four figure return tomorrow, lump on.

oxford don

Cue card will return me a four figure return tomorrow, lump on.
Hope he wins for you I really do ...Paddy Brennan marked our card today and gave us two winners ! He was worried about the drying ground though..

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alan Kings "Who Dares Wins " will appreciate the drying ground tomorrow and Richard Johnson is a interesting booking.

Rebecca Curtis's "Aurillac" has been working well on the sands at Newport Pembrokeshire...sluiced up at Chepstow a couple of weeks back and could run into a place at a big price.

The same stables "O'Faolains Boy" should give you a good run for you money in a poor Gold Cup under Noel Fehily.

Final leg of my Lucky 15 is " It Came to Pass " in the Foxhunters..

Good luck to all.
A poor Gold Cup? I'd say it's a pretty good one, despite the absence of horses such as Coneygree, Road To Riches and Vautour. That aside, O'Faolains Boy appears a shadow of the horse that won the RSA and I'd be amazed if he didn't finish nearer first than last.

It Came To Pass clearly has ability, but his trainer, Jim Culloty, has had just two winners from 100-plus runners since Lord Windemere won the 2014 Gold Cup.

Silver fox

Hope he wins for you I really do ...Paddy Brennan marked our card today and gave us two winners ! He was worried about the drying ground though..
Cheers don.

oxford don

A poor Gold Cup? I'd say it's a pretty good one, despite the absence of horses such as Coneygree, Road To Riches and Vautour. That aside, O'Faolains Boy appears a shadow of the horse that won the RSA and I'd be amazed if he didn't finish nearer first than last.

It Came To Pass clearly has ability, but his trainer, Jim Culloty, has had just two winners from 100-plus runners since Lord Windemere won the 2014 Gold Cup.
True but there has been some serious money for this horse in recent weeks.

I cant desert OFB.. Very much depends whether He's got his going head on, you might be right, but If Noel F can get him jumping he could run a very big race at a very big price… I cant abandon him has he owes me nowt and his recent wind operation and the drying ground will help him too. He's in good form at home and we all know you only need a plodder that jumps to win the gold cup.

Good Luck with your selections

Last edited:

oxford don

I hope your right...but I know what you meant to say.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
A wonderful day's racing in prospect. Here are my fancies:

1.30: Zubayr was visually impressive on his debut, but there's a bit more substance to FOOTPAD's form.
2.10: While I'm concerned he's got a big weight, the form of BLUE HELL's defeat of Diamond King has been given a big boost by that one's victory in the Coral Cup.
2.50: Gigginstown farm this race and am expecting Gangster to go close but BARTERS HILL could grind them all into submission.
3.30: Would love to see Cue Card win and Don Cossack is a monster, but at the prices I'll go with DON POLI who's won at the last two Festivals.
4.10: Fully expecting ON THE FRINGE to repeat last year's victory.
4.50: You could back half a dozen here and not get the winner, but SQUOUATEUR has the form in the book, an outstanding conditional in the saddle and his stable is firing on all cylinders.
5.30: A minefield in which I'm yet to make up my mind.

Good luck one and all!

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with Egg in fancying Don Poli for the Gold Cup. Drying ground will suit him.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don Poli, Paint the Clouds and Sqouateur is my 80/1 treble

Alistair20000

14.10 Starchitect for David Pipe. Drying ground will suit. Main concern is he ran well after a long lay off and the bounce factor could come into it