• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19

Jazzi

I'm not sure if anyone actually like the competition? I could be wrong but I get the impression people attend because they want to watch/support Exeter in whatever comp they are in but if we didn't enter it no one would care in the slightest. If people go along and watch then fair enough, they are free to do what the want. I'm not going to line up outside the gates and start shouting SCABS at anyone heading in but I think it would be good for us and lower league football if we put an end to this nonsense- an attendance of zero would really send a message (I appreciate this is never going to happen).
You're suggesting that entering the competition is optional. Is that right?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Please do not forget the extra money involved, I think it is £10,000 per win? which means 3 wins = a possible two new players? for our promotion push
You have fallen right into their "trap" ! An extra twenty Premier League B teams entering could see us back playing at Conference level, and if expanded to allow either the potential Premier League 2 or existing Championship, we could end up in the Conference South.

Add to that the potential disruption of the promotion and relegation system, by B teams being not allowed promotion, or to compete in the same division, and you will end up with a Premier league that is de facto simply to all intents and purposes a closed shop. The Premier$hit should NOT be allowed to dictate the future shape of football in this country. By and large their Clubs have foreign owners, who are in it for the money and have little or no regard for anything else. The FA needs to "grow a pair" and take a stand, not join in by flogging Wembley off at a knock down price to the first foreigner waving a fistful of dollars under their noses !

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amen brother.

Don’t fall for it people it’s a scammity scam scam.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're suggesting that entering the competition is optional. Is that right?
Not for us:

4 Participation in the Competition

4.1 All EFL Clubs (as defined in these Rules) shall take part in the Competition.

4.2 An additional sixteen clubs shall be invited to take part in the Competition on the following basis:

Last edited:

PeteUSA

I remember back when that Harvey character presented this cup to all club chairmen; it was at their annual 'jolly' somewhere. Taggy went ahead and agreed to it without consulting anyone else at the club! I dont think it was compulsary when he took it upon himself!

Colesman Ballz

I remember back when that Harvey character presented this cup to all club chairmen; it was at their annual 'jolly' somewhere. Taggy went ahead and agreed to it without consulting anyone else at the club! I dont think it was compulsary when he took it upon himself!
Perhaps you should pay more attention to your "thinking" Pate, it has never been optional to enter.

PeteUSA

Perhaps you should pay more attention to your "thinking" Pate, it has never been optional to enter.
Are you ever going to respond to me without some kind of 'advice'?

You obviously dont recall the uproar on here when apparently Tagg signed some paper that was rushed under his nose without consulting another club official. Selective memory on your part, or perhaps before your time?

iscalad

You obviously dont recall the uproar on here when apparently Tagg signed some paper that was rushed under his nose without consulting another club official. Selective memory on your part, or perhaps before your time?
Sigh, yes we know the Checkatrade fiasco is ALL Taggy's fault.

Colesman Ballz

Old, old news Pate, The Club subsequently consulted over the issue and canvassed fans, and have taken a position against it. The protocol has also been put in place, that the Trust will have a representative present at all future meetings. My position hasn't changed and my boycott of the competition remains rock solid. We can't change what happened, just ensure that it is not repeated. Move on old bean !

Pete Martin (CTID)

You have fallen right into their "trap" ! An extra twenty Premier League B teams entering could see us back playing at Conference level, and if expanded to allow either the potential Premier League 2 or existing Championship, we could end up in the Conference South.

Add to that the potential disruption of the promotion and relegation system, by B teams being not allowed promotion, or to compete in the same division, and you will end up with a Premier league that is de facto simply to all intents and purposes a closed shop. The Premier$hit should NOT be allowed to dictate the future shape of football in this country. By and large their Clubs have foreign owners, who are in it for the money and have little or no regard for anything else. The FA needs to "grow a pair" and take a stand, not join in by flogging Wembley off at a knock down price to the first foreigner waving a fistful of dollars under their noses !
Hear! Hear! Well said CB.

The ages old trick of impoverishing the underclass and then throwing them crumbs to dance to your tune is being well implemented here. Tip of the iceberg, sadly.