• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charity to Bristol Rovers ?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's all very well if your'e local and able to get away from work early! Given most coaches leave Exeter around 4pm that makes it harder to get there in the first place!
Most clubs do not give a t*ss about away supporters.....

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
would be fine if it was away to brentfor or charlton as people would have had to get time off work to go, but with it being a closer game would imagine a lot would have planned to go straight from work at 5. 7.45 kick off would have made that plan ok but 7.15 is then pushing it especially if roads are icy.

Grecian_Jay

F*ck me it's only half hour. Makes no difference to anyone. Always a way round it.

And I doubt he had much say did we anyway.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
F*ck me it's only half hour. Makes no difference to anyone. Always a way round it.

And I doubt he had much say did we anyway.
I take it 'Panhead' is closer to Bristol than Exeter?;)

Grecian_Jay

I take it 'Panhead' is closer to Bristol than Exeter?;)
I live in Exeter you dildo. I just don't see how 30 mins changes anyones plans.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
I live in Exeter you dildo. I just don't see how 30 mins changes anyones plans.
Thankyou for your kind comments Greasian Jay!;)

Grecian_Jay

Thankyou for your kind comments Greasian Jay!;)

You have sort of mixed my name with a little bit of GrecIAN Harris. Not particulary happy with that.

Anyway it was a compliment :)

richard_portland

depending on when you need to leave and how long journey takes in possible poor conditions with heavy traffic then half an hour could make all the difference depending on whether you want to catch the beginning of the game, am sure we had some say in this as normally all cup games times and prices are jointly agreed. Maybe club held viewpoint it didnt matter but if it reduces our support then thats not great.

Grecian_Jay

depending on when you need to leave and how long journey takes in possible poor conditions with heavy traffic then half an hour could make all the difference depending on whether you want to catch the beginning of the game, am sure we had some say in this as normally all cup games times and prices are jointly agreed. Maybe club held viewpoint it didnt matter but if it reduces our support then thats not great.
It makes no difference. If you were going to leave at 5.30 then leave at 5. Not rocket science is it. Still gonna have similar amount of traffic to contend with etc.

richard_portland

It makes no difference. If you were going to leave at 5.30 then leave at 5. Not rocket science is it. Still gonna have similar amount of traffic to contend with etc.
if you have ability to choose when you leave then obviously but how about if fans are working and can't choose their leaving time, then half an hour could make a difference.