• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charity Match for Cancer Research

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mario: I PM'd you.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know what it is with the express and echo but they seem to have problems with writing facts told to them.

I remember they missed stuff out whe GtL and Mrs Lion joined the Hereford fans on the around the grounds thing.

They're not a tabloid, so why do they have the inability in getting things right.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Missing stuff out is one thing Shaz, but you and I both know that apart from supplying a hefty amount of players to participate in this tournament, citysfinest had nothing whatsoever to do with the concept, particularly when Mario first proposed this charity football plan in the autumn of last year!

I shall be extremely dissapointed if citysfinest allows the E&E to assume he was behind the idea. It doesnt look to me from the snippet hes posted that he's trying all that hard to direct the credit where its due. I know you and he have worked tirelessly for the Stanno Foundation, but on this occasion, him getting recognition for coming up with the idea would be totally missplaced, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know what it is with the express and echo but they seem to have problems with writing facts told to them.

I remember they missed stuff out whe GtL and Mrs Lion joined the Hereford fans on the around the grounds thing.

They're not a tabloid, so why do they have the inability in getting things right.
They have made alot of cutbacks on the staffing levels I have discovered

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
Missing stuff out is one thing Shaz, but you and I both know that apart from supplying a hefty amount of players to participate in this tournament, citysfinest had nothing whatsoever to do with the concept, particularly when Mario first proposed this charity football plan in the autumn of last year!

I shall be extremely dissapointed if citysfinest allows the E&E to assume he was behind the idea. It doesnt look to me from the snippet hes posted that he's trying all that hard to direct the credit where its due. I know you and he have worked tirelessly for the Stanno Foundation, but on this occasion, him getting recognition for coming up with the idea would be totally missplaced, in my opinion.

Sorry, maybe you misread my comment on the matter- I said I specifically text Mario asking for his full name. The reporter asked me how this came about and my exact words were "Tom Edwards, a Plymouth argyle fan, posted a message on our supporters forum suggesting the idea as he wanted to do something for stanno." I also gave them his mobile number and said he knows more about it so it'd be best to contact him.

After I saw the bit in the echo, i text him and said how embarrassed I felt and that it was completely misquoted. Last time it was in the echo, it was credited to the person at ottery who is merely providing the pitch so we were trying to put it right by getting it advertised again correcty hence me saying what i did and telling them to call Mario.

Dont for one second try and make me feel bad about this because that it out of order too. It's not my fault they can't get things right, even though i emailed the details and spoke to them on the phone.
Mario will be there early tomorrow, we have it all sorted.

citysfinest

You shall be extremely disappointed? Who are you anyway? Why does it matter so much to you. You've really wound me up this morning. I never intended to let the echo assume I was behind the idea as I text mario asking for his full name, and also told him a few weeks back that the echo would be contacting him and I gave them his number, all of which he will back me up on as we text each other daily regarding the day.
Maybe you didn't know that I actually know Mario and we are in contact as I said on a daily basis and we are planning another event in the summer to follow this up.
You also say that from my snippet it doesn't appear that I am doing enough to convi

citysfinest

To convince or direct credit where it's due?? What more can I do than post on here and text Mario explaining that it's THEIR mistake?? Sue the echo? Come on get real lad. Mario isn't bothered, as I Said, we text. We know eachother and speak on a daily basis regarding this day and organising a follow up final in the summer so he knows me well enough to know that I wouldnt claim credit and as long as he knows that nothing else matters. I will however say to the e&e guys today that it was a big mistake as I said, I gave them marios number and said he is the organiser, contact him he knows more. Which Mario will back me up on because I asked him if he minded the echo contacting him! You are obviously mistaken if you think i have intentionally done this, as I am not like that. And you have actually made small issue, which is irrelevant to you, really **** me off and you have no right to make me feel like the bad guy when it was the echo who made a mistake and misquoted a lot. The main issue is today and raising a lot of money while remembering Adam by playing football and having a good day, the paper is irrelevant. Those concerned are fine with it so settle yourself down.

Mario

Just want to say; we're raising money for a good cause, I'm not too bothered where the publicity goes to as long as we have a good day!

Not looking forward to it myself mind as I may have to play two matches to fill a team that looks as though it may be short! Knackered will not be the word!

Good luck guys!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Hopefully there may be a couple of others surplus who may step in ?

Grecian_in_Plymouth

i know a few players , but needed a little notice!.