• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Champions League.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Without wishing to state the obvious, more teams = more games = more money.

And more boring and meaningless games.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Re: Champions League action...

It was on social club before someone moved it. ;)
It was, which is why I enjoyed my comment. :)

Champions League boring? Surely this is the epitome of what we are all aiming for. The skills from the top players in Europe, etc, etc. Still would have like to have gone to a game tonight though. *-)

LOG

You should've gone to Eastbourne.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
top the group , top the league.

Happy days.

Gozzer

All the clubs you would expect to see through to the knock out stage, plus Panathinaicos. The system is working very nicely. You wouldn't really expect to see Celtic getting any further than this, would you?

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
In the end of the day Celtic aint good enough to compete at the top level.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Champions league only begins to get interesting after Christmas.

DB9

With just 12000 at Juve's ground for their last game its about as interesting as the Sultana Shield to the Italian fans. The CL in its current form is in danger of becoming even more boring than it is already. Get it back to being the European Cup for Champions only in a total knock out form not just a money making exercise for the big teams

GrecianInWales

While I love watching football, I've hardly been excited by the Champions League this year. You can predict exactly what will happen in the first group stages, the big clubs pocket a nice bit of extra cash, the fans get bored with the dead rubber games and, well, the whole spectacle just doesn't, for me, feel like a decent knockout competition. Give me the FA Cup any day, even if it does mean we get knocked out to the likes of Curzon.

I'm sure there'll be some great games, like there were last season, but it's just hard to get excited at this point in time.

Ian King has some very interesting suggestions to shake up both the CL and UEFA Cup, which I pretty much agree with every last word.

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=1153