• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

In my book if you concede 3 goals you haven't played well.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
In my book if you concede 3 goals you haven't played well.
This. How many games have we conceded 2 or more in. We are incapable of keeping clean sheets and incapable of winning ugly.

supernova

Results don't lie. We lost. We're bottom of the football league. Tisdale is out of lives. He needs to be gone by Monday

paperclip

This. How many games have we conceded 2 or more in. We are incapable of keeping clean sheets and incapable of winning ugly.
Exactly. Giving Reid a contract will undoubtedly lead to goals, but that's irrelevant if our defence continues to leak them at the other end.

And what's the deal with Simpson and Tisdale insisting he gets on the pitch during EVERY game. Just admit you made a mistake in signing him and leave him out permanently.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
For ECFC read West Ham.....shows it can happen to any team.

rp42

So glad i put a tenner on Spurs at 14-1 to come back from 2-1 down.....oh happy days.

paperclip

True, however it tends not to happen that frequently to teams that have a winning mentality. Something that ECFC currently doesn't have.

D__Lo__

Leyton Orient have almost as poor home record as us. Judging by Radio Devon we did not deserve to lose today so the good away performances are still being maintained. On form we should win but a loss must surely spell out to CB and TB that it was never realistic to believe our away record could possibly make up for such an abysmal home record and they have make some serious calculations comparing the cost of paying off Tisdale with the loss in income and status that follow from relegation to the National League. I could be wrong but I do believe that Tisdale is a man with principles and would not hold the Club to ransom and agree a severance package well below the amount of his two years salary. As I say I could be wrong but this is surely something both Boards have to seriously consider before it really is too late.
The fact he's still manager of the club proves your belief is mistaken. Any decent man/manager would have done the honourable thing and jogged on long ago, ala Tony Mowbray.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
My battery was running out on my phone and there were just a few minutes left and we were winning 2-1. I got home thinking when I check the score I bet they've equalised late on, only for it to be much worse. 2 stoppage time goals. WTF.

I'm starting to question our fitness levels because we concede a lot of late goals and are incapable of holding on to a lead.

Tisdale has to do the right thing and leave otherwise we're heading to the conference. We may still go down if we changed manager but at least we would have tried to change for the better. At this rate will be relegated by March.

We have more money than we've had in years and we're bottom of the football league. It's embarrassing and I invite any of the pro Tisdale brigade to come and defend him?

paperclip

Fitness levels are definitely a problem, I've been thinking this all season. Also defending.