• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carabao Cup 20/21 (League Cup)

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Postponed due to an international break. You just can't make this stuff up :)
That might give them a chance to eradicate some of these Covid rule so that we might be able to go. I know I'm wishing on a star but you never know.....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hopefully less than three sendings off this time (reference to a game inn 2000) and with the 2nd leg being 1-1 a missed opportunity to go to old Wembley

Red Devon

Would’ve been nice to go. I haven’t been to Ashton Gate for a very long time not since the redevelopment anyway.

andrew p long

Postponed due to an international break. You just can't make this stuff up :)
so when do we get to find out when this game gets played?

The following from various sources. First - EFL says games to be played on 5th September. Except (either by *mutual* agreement or at insistence of affected club) where affected by international break, which takes place on 5 September. So virtually any Championship side, including Bristol City, will be affected.

it cannot be moved to the midweek of 8 September, because both there are international games then and ECFC will have an EFL Trophy game then ( which one yet to be announced/decided).

it cannot be moved further back because Saturday 12 September is the Football League start for both BCFC and ECFC . And the following week is Round Two of the League Cup.

So if it isn’t 5 September it has to be brought * forward*. And according to one source, no later than 31 August ( presumably so as not to intrude on the players going off to their international training etc for the 5 September round of games.)

So 29- 31 August is the alternative. But that is just over a week away....decision and announcement please.

IndoMike

Beats me why they have to charge on with all these competitions before they know the implications of crowd less games brought about by C19. With each match bringing a loss of cash until proper crowds can attend , the exact opposite of normal times , you’d think the powers that be would be minimalistic until they knew where things were going. It’s going to be expensive enough fulfilling the normal league commitments.
With no gate money all we get is the risk of injuries. Nobody's fault that there is a pandemic but the reality is this is a load of old carp. Seems like neither the sponsor or the FA or the League is going to compensate afaik. Or are they?

fred binneys head

Hopefully less than three sendings off this time (reference to a game inn 2000) and with the 2nd leg being 1-1 a missed opportunity to go to old Wembley

I need someone to settle an argument. I was at that game and seem to remember Jason Rees getting sent off. My mate says Gary Alexander. Who’s right?

Or were they both sent off plus one more?

Rosencrantz

I need someone to settle an argument. I was at that game and seem to remember Jason Rees getting sent off. My mate says Gary Alexander. Who’s right?

Or were they both sent off plus one more?
Flack, Alexander and Kofi Nyamah after the final whistle for sarcastic applause towards the ref all saw red.

fred binneys head

You’re joking, not Jason Rees? I need to eat a huge slice of humble pie now. Bloody hell.

Rosencrantz

You’re joking, not Jason Rees? I need to eat a huge slice of humble pie now. Bloody hell.
Afraid not FBH. Flacky got two yellows, Gary Alexander clattered someone into the advertising hordings and got a straight red. It left us with Rob Speakman up front on his own who did score our goal in the second leg. I think we also lost Graeme Power and Alex Inglethorpe injured in the first half. I reckon Power just went early to avoid Scott Murray who tore us apart that night!

fred binneys head

I’ve come to know you on here as a man that knows his shit, so that’s good enough for me. Humble pie for pudding it is.