• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks but, a huge Thank-you must especially go to 'Grecian/Villan' Matt Hulland at ECC Resources Reclamation Team, without who's intervention, back in July 2020, we would not been able to have achieved what we have today.
Club should make Matt H Director for a Day and take you Andy to say thanks if not already done

Andy_H

Club should make Matt H Director for a Day and take you Andy to say thanks if not already done
Nice thought, but from my side, i prefer the BB, a pasty and a cup of tea, besides if i did then i'd miss out on the highlight of any game, clearing up the rubbish on the BB! :)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice thought, but from my side, i prefer the BB, a pasty and a cup of tea, besides if i did then i'd miss out on the highlight of any game, clearing up the rubbish on the BB! :)
I thought that a Pasty and cup of tea is all you get in the Boardroom !
Your great efforts Andy are appreciated by us Exewebers

Andy_H

I thought that a Pasty and cup of tea is all you get in the Boardroom !
Your great efforts Andy are appreciated by us Exewebers
Thanks. Now to spend it!!! Now where's that holiday brochure?

Andy_H

So as April comes to a close the final figures for the month.

Weight of cans recycled - 1080
Monies raised - £1026, plus recycling credits £s that go to ECCT.

These totals include a very creditable amount of cans collected by The Sea Shanty Beach Cafe and Shop at Branscombe. So, if you can go there then please show your support for this establishement and maybe even buy a can or two or three.... the empties will be coming to SJP/Cans4City sometime soon.

Cans4City are planning on funding the purchase of 2 more of the big heavy benches for Red Square, so as to extend the seating for when it gets covered later on this year.

Over the summer months Cans4City, through our Recycliing partner Exeter City Council Resources Reclamation Team, are linking up with CM Events who are involved with 3 'local' events this summer.

They are;
The Dorset Balloon Festival - Dorchester 4th/5th May.
The Devonshire Balloon and Music Festival - Exeter Racecourse 25th/26th May.
Somerset's Big Weekend Festival - Yeovil Showground 12th- 14th July.

From these events Cans4City will be receiving all the drinks cans, which could be a substantial amount!

The first dumpy bag was filled this morning for the next collection before the first game at SJP, or sooner if required!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Im happy to bring a few bags over for you Andy. I could even scatter it around the posh seats for you to amuse yourself post match ;)

Andy_H

Im happy to bring a few bags over for you Andy. I could even scatter it around the posh seats for you to amuse yourself post match ;) Close Season!