• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Old news

Bridgy 81

I see Sheffield Wednesday’s new Manager signed a Keeper on loan from AC Milan last week and has put him straight in the team today dropping Dawson to the bench.
If this is how the season pans out for him (and the Manager doesn’t get the bullet) he’s not likely to stay there beyond the end of his contract next Summer.
We’ll presumably be looking for another Keeper then unless Harry Lee signs a new deal and is in line to be challenging for a starting place.
So I’ve started working on some succession planning.
Cameron Dawson on a free transfer (3 year contract) from 2024/25 anyone?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see Sheffield Wednesday’s new Manager signed a Keeper on loan from AC Milan last week and has put him straight in the team today dropping Dawson to the bench.
If this is how the season pans out for him (and the Manager doesn’t get the bullet) he’s not likely to stay there beyond the end of his contract next Summer.
We’ll presumably be looking for another Keeper then unless Harry Lee signs a new deal and is in line to be challenging for a starting place.
So I’ve started working on some succession planning.
Cameron Dawson on a free transfer (3 year contract) from 2024/25 anyone?
I'd guess if MT is still at Rovrum, which is just down the road from Sheffield and if they're in the market for a keeper then he'll end up there.

Bridgy 81

I'd guess if MT is still at Rovrum, which is just down the road from Sheffield and if they're in the market for a keeper then he'll end up there.
True, but we might be in the Championship and they maybe in League One by then!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
True, but we might be in the Championship and they maybe in League One by then!
The new guy conceded 4. Altogether now....'He's better than you, he's better than you...'

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why do people always assume any player who's half decent who previously played for us will end up at Rotherham?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why do people always assume any player who's half decent who previously played for us will end up at Rotherham?
Well aside from anything else geography makes it an obvious destination if he leaves Wednesday. But on top of that he's played for MT in a promotion winning team.

burtiew

Is it only me who is taking immense pleasure from the fact the Sheffield Wednesday have lost every league match since they dropped Cam?

Colesman Ballz

Is it only me who is taking immense pleasure from the fact the Sheffield Wednesday have lost every league match since they dropped Cam?
There will be at least one half of Sheffield who share your thoughts ! :)

andrew p long

Well I want Wednesday to do well....but owners who get rid of a manager who has just won promotion, deserve all that they get, such as an appalling pointless start to the next season...