• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge Utd. v EXETER CITY MDT

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pete,

Are you still hopeful Weale will force his way into the number 1 jersey ?
At just 36, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pah - back in 03/04 I started chanting "Keano!" at Glenn Cronin, being as he was Irish and a tigerish midfielder.

Apparently the nickname stuck and that's what his team mates started calling him.
I invented the wheel, so there.

Stelios

You Tube highlights

[video=youtube;j5iMF50FzfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5iMF50FzfQ[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5iMF50FzfQ
Lovely cross from Woodman for the 2nd. (y)

whiff

Lovely cross from Woodman for the 2nd. (y)
It's a shame the Youtube highlights don't show the full seven or eight pass build-up to the second goal - hopefully the club will put it out as a seperate video.

scottus86

It's a shame the Youtube highlights don't show the full seven or eight pass build-up to the second goal - hopefully the club will put it out as a seperate video.
on ifollow there are extended highlights that show the bulid up. Lots of people are saying we play long ball football now, but a lot of our attacks were quick passing along the ground. it might seem likelong ball because we get up the pitch in a matter of seconds rather than fanny about with it at the back while the opposition calmly take up their positions.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Re: the second goal - as I (think!) I said in my post while the keeper gift-wrapped the goal to us, perhaps it was out of sympathy for the possibility that the build up would have gone unrewarded.