• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge United v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

Langer

We’re creating chances just need a finisher some good play at times I’m not into naming players as scapegoats we’re all in it together and its pretty deep at the moment.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
We’re creating chances just need a finisher some good play at times I’m not into naming players as scapegoats we’re all in it together and its pretty deep at the moment.
Sorry to p155 on people's chips but a striker isn't going to be the thing that suddenly turns this around. We are absolutely honking.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Highlights 😄

Interesting that it starts with an Exeter attack

Well I'm none the wiser about the penalty decision after that poor coverage.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I havent waded through the previous pages but interesting what the Cambridge Manager said which doesn't excatly seem ringing endorsement of our team when he said "Harris said he never felt Exeter were going to really "hurt" his team and had the second goal been scored earlier, they could have gone on to make it "three, four five".
so basically he has told us what we know but caldwell refuses to say publically

Grecianman135

It's not going to turn our way if nothing changes. If we'd lost 3 or 4 on the bounce I could appreciate the 'that's football, it will turn our way' comments, but this form is beyond anything I've ever known. Carry on as we are, even with 2 strikers signed in January, and we're relegated.
I don't think any signing we make now can save this season, besides any striker we sign will probably be shit or injury prone or one of Gary's buddy's..

We won't attract anybody any good,and the board probably already have statements primed ready for the 15th of January saying we need to be patient with our signings and they need to be good chaps.. blah blah blah..

And we'll sign a couple crocked donkeys who Gary has once managed promising them a steady wage..

tonykellowfan

Last January we signed: Demetri Mitchell, Gary Woods, James Scott, Kevin McDonald, Will Aimson and Joe White.

3 decent and 3 useless

milts

Last January we signed: Demetri Mitchell, Gary Woods, James Scott, Kevin McDonald, Will Aimson and Joe White.

3 decent and 3 useless
1 decent

grecIAN Harris

Take some fresh air
Instead of the stale rehashed senseless bu!!sh!T on here? I get people aren't happy with our current situation, I'm not happy with our current situation but there are some people on here who really need to engage their brain before they start typing, If it's only based on professional pride, to suggest that the players, management and coaching staff don't give a sh!t is just plain nonsense. Of course there are differing levels. It's going to be more painful for somebody like Harry Kite, whose entire career has been with us, or Sweenz, who has been here for a dogs age, given their alligences to the club than it might say Rankine or Trevitt who are only here on loan but whatever their respective level is utter nonsense.

grecIAN Harris

many moons ago,i worked for a screen print company in exeter,and the sales rep for the ink supply company,was robin stubbs,who could play a bit,he knew i was a city fan and we used to chat all things football,one of his comments was whoever he was playing for lost,it would put him in a bad mood for days and next game would be trying twice as hard to rectify it,i think that is the same at city,but confidence seems to be shot,so we need a lucky break
I know somebody else that was just the same........😉

grecIAN Harris

Sorry to p155 on people's chips but a striker isn't going to be the thing that suddenly turns this around. We are absolutely honking.
I'd suggest it's going to do a damn sight more than you give that notion credit for. You really ought to try vinegar on your chips instead of p!ssing on them.