• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge United v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Personally I'm not going to listen but anyway here is Gary's interview

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
After conceding we started controlling the game and creating some good opportunities... Had to turn it off. Who is listening to this and thinking it approximates to what they're seeing?

milts

Doesn’t say anything new.

He seems like a really nice bloke but is a very very poor football manager. We need him gone asap.

JGrecian23

Why would anyone give a toss what Caldwell has to say? He repeats the same management speak bollox every week.

Imagine waiting for the interview hoping to hear something good!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am one of the few people who agree with you. Some poor individual performances tonight, notably Niskanen. And I can't see how it's the managers fault that players' simple 5 yard passes to a team mate go astray far too often.

It is the managers fault that we play with wing backs who can't tackle. I have never seen so many crosses come into our box.

But we had Diabate who was immense. I don't think there was a phrase often used in commentary than "Diabate wins the header"
Diabate MOTM for City by a country mile..

JGrecian23

Doesn’t say anything new.

He seems like a really nice bloke but is a very very poor football manager. We need him gone asap.
He isn't a nice bloke, he is a selfish ***** who is stealing a living from the club and refusing to walk away.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ended rather abruptly?

EDIT: the interview, not SGC's managerial reign at City.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
We were outclassed until close enough to the end that Cambridge started getting a bit nervy themselves. Showed a bit of intent for 20 mins before getting picked off very easily on the counter. Controlled the game is utter utter delusion.

tom_ecfc

Personally I'm not going to listen but anyway here is Gary's interview

Cut off at the end…hmmm